The User Experience Researcher is responsible for performing user and customer research which uncovers real business problems and influences product strategy.
What you will be doing
- Lead the design and execution of qualitative and quantitative research studies of varying scale, scope, timeframe, and methodology
- Analyze, synthesize and model data from user research into actionable insights for product management, executive leadership, and engineering teams
- Create compelling and influential findings reports for research studies and use storytelling techniques to present insights and recommendations to stakeholders
- Recruit research participants based on audience profiles/personas
- Work closely with designers, product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to plan and prioritize research activities and turn user insights into product requirements
- Introduce new research approaches and methodologies
- Mentor, coach, train, and provide feedback to other team members; may provide feedback to leadership on technical abilities of team
- Comply with all corporate and departmental privacy and data security policies and practices, including but not limited to, Hyland’s Information Systems Security Policy
What will make you successful
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of qualitative and quantitative research projects and methodologies that drive the product design and development process
- Demonstrated success collaborating with multiple disciplines and stakeholders in designing and executing research studies
- Proven experience creating meaningful and actionable insights from research findings
- Demonstrated experience presenting research reports to a variety of audiences/stakeholders using storytelling techniques to share findings, insights, and recommendations
- Proficiency with insight tools (usability testing, survey, A/B MVT, analytics)
- Experience with and knowledge of accessibility requirements and guidelines, and their and implications to technology design
- Experience with secondary research methods and disciplines (e.g. market research firms, customer research, market research)
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of both quantitative and qualitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product conception, design and development processes
- Research strategy and thought leadership experience
- Strong oral and written communications skills that demonstrate a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, applied successfully within team as well as with all levels of employees in other areas
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership, sound judgement, and business accumen skills
- Ability to design effective, appropriate research studies of varying size and methods within constraints of time and scope
- Ability to work confidently on technically complex and/or ambiguous problems
- Ability to independently and proactively define key research questions, identify methods and logistics, execute, and synthesize data to generate actionable insights
- Ability to create compelling presentations and communicate insights through storytelling methods
- Ability to provide guidance and support to developing team members
- Ability to introduce new research approaches and methods that drive positive outcomes
- Up to 40% travel time required
Please note: The job duties and responsibilities of this role are unable to be performed in the State of Colorado at this time.
What you can expect next
- Hyland Recruiters thoroughly review every application and will contact you within 1 to 2 weeks regarding next steps. Be sure to add Hyland to your contacts list and check your spam folder so you never miss a message from us!
- Any follow up questions? Email your Recruiter directly at Careers@Hyland.com.
401(k) Retirement Savings. Flexible Schedule. Paid Time Off. Medical, Dental, Vision. Volunteer Paid Time Off. Wellness Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Sabbatical Program. Hyland House Program.
Find out more by going to https://www.hyland.com/en/careers/life-at-hyland.
Flexible Schedule. Paid Time Off. Volunteer Time Off. Wellbeing Initiatives. Career Development and Training. Sabbatical Program. Hyland House Program. Reach out to your Hyland Recruiter for more information.
Welcome to #HylandLife
Since 1991, it has been Hyland’s mission to help our employees, customers and partners exceed their potential with our industry-leading content services platform. Our employees exude a contagious energy and are passionate about what they do – whether it’s helping customers succeed, raising up their fellow Hylanders, or engaging in the communities where they live and work.
The #HylandLife hashtag encompasses our employee-centric culture. Our employees live our culture day in and day out by bringing their best self to work. Hyland supports them to do just that through career development resources, wellbeing programs and innovation practices. We thrive on diverse viewpoints and new ideas and believe that a positive, inclusive workplace is imperative to sustainable success.
As we’ve grown to a company of nearly 4,000 strong, we have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our communities. We strongly support employee initiatives and align our giving campaigns and programs to organizations that are important to them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.