Why Work at Lenovo
Here at Lenovo, we believe in smarter technology for all, so we spend our time building a society that’s brighter and more inclusive. And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re a US$60 billion revenue Fortune Global 500 company serving customers in 180 markets around the world. Focused on a bold vision to deliver smarter technology for all, we are developing world-changing technologies that power (through devices and infrastructure) and empower (through solutions, services and software) millions of customers every day and together create a more inclusive, trustworthy and sustainable digital society for everyone, everywhere.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you...
Description And Requirements
- Support research initiatives to identify meaningful and actionable user-centered insights to help the team deliver industry-leading user experiences
- Discover and understand user behavior, motivations, and needs to help teams shape concepts, products, and solutions
- Execute iterative end-to-end user research activities spanning a broad set of products (hardware and software) and involving multiple types of concurrent user research, including but not limited to generative work (e.g. interviews, field studies, ethnography), evaluative work (e.g. usability studies, concept evaluations, benchmarking, heuristic evaluations), to summative or validation research
- Collaborate with other researchers on more complex and iterative workstreams
- Experience with various types of analysis techniques (e.g. synthesizing data, descriptive and inference statistics, classification, clustering).
- Understand product roadmaps and plan long-term and short-term research initiatives to inform design decisions
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional project team members and business peers to propose the best experience for our end users
- Utilize ideation and storytelling skills to effectively communicate research insights and idea s
- with colleagues, management, and external parties both in the U.S. and other countries
- Express a growth mindset and desire to remain current in fields of user experience, user research, and product design
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in User Experience Research, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, HCI/Computer Science, or other related fields
- 3 years of proven success conducting user research (qualitative and quantitative) in an industry setting or equivalent
- Portfolio demonstrating breadth and depth in UX research, conceptual thinking, creative problem solving, and deliverables (e.g. study plans, reports, and data visualization)
- Knowledge of various qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques (e.g. interviews, ethnography, descriptive and inferential stats, classification, clustering, etc.)
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills with proven ability to drive research that delivers user-centered product insights and design directions
- Experience working directly with other user experience, research, and design professionals
- Detail-oriented with the ability to be pragmatic and keep the ‘big picture’ in mind
- Self-motivated and execution-orientated with the ability to work independently as well as take direction within established strategic and business guidelines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and international multidisciplinary team environment
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Language proficiency: Excellent written and verbal English
- Ability to travel (10%)
- Experience working at a fast-paced technology or startup organization with technologies such as PCs, AR/VR, IoT, Collaboration, AI, etc.
- A healthy mix of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Familiarity and experience executing a user-centered design (UCD) driven product (or concept) through a development process
- Experience with evaluating iterations of hardware designs longitudinally
- Experience with interpreting, applying, and measuring anthropometric data for product development
- UX research experience in non-US markets
- Local to Raleigh/Durham area strongly preferred but remote will be considered
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.