About the Company
Most security companies focus on preventing hackers from getting onto your machines, but the almost weekly news of major hacks with substantial data loss prove that approach is insufficient. Intruders get inside the defense perimeter of business networks all of the time. Once inside, these attackers cause havoc with ransomware, destroy companies reputations by extracting and selling private information on the dark web, quietly steal thousands of dollars worth of processing with bitcoin mining, grab trade secrets for corporate espionage, or extract political and industrial information for nation-state espionage imperiling national security. This is where Vectra steps in.
Vectra's highly experienced security experts identify what attackers must do once they get inside a network to do their dirty work. Then, our data scientists build and train machine learning algorithms to identify those behaviors. We stop attacks on the likes of Target, Home Depot, Sony, Equifax, and Capital One before they become news stories. Vectra is the sole Visionary company in the Gartner report on Intrusion Detection and Prevention. What's more, we are also disrupting the enterprise security space by providing the most intuitive user experience of any product in this space.
About the Job
Vectra's UX team is seeking an experienced and highly motivated User Experience Researcher to work with our existing multi-national design team. You will collaborate with Senior Designers to conduct, analyze, and report on qualitative and quantitative user experience research on new and existing features and products, on our existing users, and on potential users. You will be at the forefront of the cybersecurity industry, working to protect organizations from the bad guys, and will use your full range of skills to help us build and validate our designs that create intuitive and experiences. You will be working with our UX designers in San Jose, CA; Austin, TX; and Dublin, Ireland, and customers around the globe.
Who We Are Looking For...
- You are attracted to the fascinating world of cybersecurity and have experience with devising simple workflows presenting complex data to expert users
- You are ready to be part of a design team partnering with designers, PMs, Sales Engineers, UI developers, and other stakeholders to understand their user research needs and then to design qualitative and quantitative research endeavors to answer their questions
- You have experience collecting and organizing qualitative research materials in a research repository and mining that repository for insights
- You can synthesize qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources to create overall understandings and segmentation of a diverse population of users
- You know how to conduct user interviews to minimize bias and optimize information gathering
- You have worked on product telemetry, collecting questions, translating them into practical telemetry, and then analyzing the telemetry data for conclusions
- You have presentation skills for creating research readouts and presentations at multiple altitudes across organizational levels; from designers to C-Suite
- You are passionate about user experiences and enjoy collaborating with designers to ensure user needs are met
- Deep understanding of qualitative user research methodologies, benefits, costs, and time frames to help us identify the best research method depending on the different stages of the product development
- Experience with quantitative research analysis and demonstrated ability to conduct research on artifacts and compile into readouts and reports
- Experience conducting contextual inquiries, analyzing telemetry, and user testing
- Experience with analyzing research and synthesizing information to build effective readouts with a consistent and appealing narrative
- Help UX translate complex findings into simple and engaging messages to all stakeholders and thus evangelize user research findings to business strategy, product roadmap, and other stakeholder artifacts
- Skill at aggregating data from diverse information sources (telemetries, quantitative, quantitative research) and effectively informing the design based on those findings
- Self-motivated and willing to prioritize and manage workload to meet project deadlines
- At least 3 years of experience in UX research, qualitative and quantitative, on shipping web-based applications or services in the enterprise, business, or consumer markets
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships with local and remote team members
Nice to Have
- Experience with design sprints and task management tools like Jira and Confluence
- Experience with data analytic tools like Periscope
A two-minute video that describes what we do at Vectra, and an article about Vectra's last funding round: