This candidate's primary focus will be on employee-facing tools/platforms and will support the design of desktop applications. They will design and define engaging digital experience for frontline employees, transforming unmet user needs and business opportunities into successful employee tools. The ideal candidate will have a passion for user centered research and have a wide breadth of experience across multiple products, channels, and design methodologies.
- 4-6 years of experience (mid-level researcher)
- Experience in a large corporate environment
- Experience working with employee-facing tools
- Extensive knowledge of usability and user experience research tools and techniques (e.g. field research, heuristic reviews, benchmarking, card sorts, lo-fidelity prototyping methods, etc.)
- Experience creating user personas and journey maps to support a user centered design methodology.
- Strong understanding of user interface design practices and principles (ability to demonstrate experience relating to research)
- Strong design experience
- Great communication skills
- Related experience in another field such as human factors, interactive design, information architecture, and/or market research