£30,000 - £40,000 depending on skills and experience
We independently benchmark salary for all roles every two years, so when you work at Engage you can be confident you’re fairly rewarded for your talent and experience when compared against the rest of the industry.
Hours and location
This is a full-time role based in Leeds, UK. We offer hybrid working and flexible hours to everyone in the team, but this is not a fully remote opportunity.
As part of our commitment to making Engage a great place to work, we’ve built a comprehensive benefits package that fuels our thriving culture and delivers an exceptional, well-rounded employee experience. Some of our most popular perks are:
- Hybrid working with flexible hours
- 26 days holiday, plus extra for continued service
- Private company medical and dental insurance
- 5% matched employer pension contribution
- An uncapped performance-linked company bonus scheme
- A 10% Learning and innovation time budget per team
- Up to 4 weeks a year to Work From Absolutely Anywhere (WFAA)
- Your own 1-on-1 financial coach
What we’re looking for
As a member of our talented experience design team you’ll have the opportunity to put your own stamp at the very centre of the UX process.
As a UX Researcher at Engage you’ll work alongside our internal team of Designers and work closely with our Delivery and Development teams.
Your expert knowledge will help guide the team to successfully and efficiently craft experiences that translate business and customer needs into exceptional user journeys.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on all aspects of projects, from estimation and client workshops, to user research and wireframe creation.
Setting the standard for UX throughout our agency, you’ll regularly communicate best practice with the wider team and clients. Running workshops, analysing data and user research will be your speciality, turning this into results via wireframing and recommendations to present back to the client.
You’ll be able to lead workshops with the customer, stakeholders and users to gather feedback, scope and run training programmes as needed.
More of your core responsibilities include:
- Playing a leading role in developing and refining agile UX processes spanning research, testing and concept development (which will accelerate company development too).
- Supporting projects in the early Discovery Phases, undertaking UX research tasks such as stakeholder interviews, usability tests and running customer and user workshops.
- Understanding the customer’s project (and business) objectives and problems that we need to solve through design.
- Carrying out user research and user testing – understanding user pain points, needs, priorities and habits, creating actionable recommendations and solutions from this research. More on this includes:
- Creating personas based on user research as a proxy to real customers, using these to build empathy with the target audiences and guide decision making
- Content analysis and planning based on user research, looking for gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Planning effective user flows to help users navigate and accomplish the tasks they need to achieve their goals
- Writing UX copy for headings and key content areas, providing users with decision-making clarity on what the section is trying to tell them.
- Producing and delivering reports that summarise your findings and help clients define how to measure their digital success (objectives to KPI’s).
- Turning key insights from your research into recommendations, producing wireframes to clearly demonstrate the proposed information architecture, flows, and content and working collaboratively with our UI Designers to bring your vision to life.
- Providing guidance on key metrics and goals to track in Google Analytics, with the ability to assess the finding and propose recommendations
- 2+ years experience working in User Experience
- Excellent understanding of user experience practices, consumers and brands
- Experience leading user experience design projects, conducting user research, and constructing and leading UX workshops with clients
- Good understanding of Google Analytics or other web analytics tools like Microsoft Clarity, etc.
- A passion for digital trends and innovation
- Proficient prototyping in Figma
- Clear and confident communicator
- Positive and motivational attitude
Nice to have:
- Bonus points for experience in CRO (conversion rate optimisation)
- Familiar with agile methodologies