We are looking for an experienced User Researcher to take responsibility for owning and shaping what the Research discipline looks like here at musicMagpie.
You will guide the business on the required structure, resource, methods and practises.
You will work with the Product Owners and Analysts to shape the Product roadmap, creating initiatives out of research to meet the strategic objectives and goals for each Product team.
You will need to have a passion for being customer-first, owning the research that drives the customer personas and understanding the needs, motivations and frustrations of our customers.
· Own and evolve the research discipline, growing the team and processes to best support the business and being research-led in every development decision it makes.
· Build and guide the principles, ways of working and process for our two key areas of research; discovery (helping identify new opportunities for the business) and validation (helping validate business ideas and guide delivery in the best way)
· Manage the discovery research of new products and services
· Work directly with many different product teams feeding their roadmaps and understanding to drive their product forward
· Work with UXers, Product Owners, Developers and Digital Analysts to represent research, advising, teaching and collaborating as needed
· Manage the research process in a product team, including defining approach, recruiting participants, facilitation and communicating insights
· Lead the strategic and iterative improvement using research to guide processes of digital products and services
· Be an advocate for accessibility in all aspects of the design of a service
· Experience in User Research conducting studies with customers
· An ability to put a strategy and structure in place to build a research discipline
· A problem-solving attitude.
· An inquisitive mind with a constant desire to continue learning
· Experience in a UX, CRO, problem solving, or analytical role.
· Awareness of UX techniques and activities.
· Research interpretation and presentation skills.
· Experience with observational research tools such as Hotjar, Contentsquare, Clicktale.
· Demonstration of self-driven learning, and an enthusiasm for learning.
musicMagpie is a circular economy pioneer that offers customers a smart, sustainable and trusted way to buy, rent and sell tech and media products.
Operating through its two trusted brands - musicMagpie in the UK and Decluttr in the US, means our circular model of recycling, refurbishing and reselling products helps to make tech more affordable and reduces its impact on the planet. Our environmental and social focus is demonstrated by our ‘Smart for you…Smart for the planet’ ethos.
The company has received the London Stock Exchange's Green Economy Mark, which recognises companies that derive 50 per cent. or more of their total annual revenue from products and services that contribute to the global 'Green Economy'.
Over 7.5 million customers have used our award-winning service and we’ve paid out millions for their unwanted technology, reselling over 400,000 tech items a year.
We have the highest number of seller reviews on both Amazon and eBay and have consistently achieved extremely positive feedback scores. We also have an excellent rating on UK Trustpilot with over 230,000 reviews.
We are the UK’s number one phone recycler and having won Best Recycling Service at the What Mobile Awards six years running and at the Mobile Industry Awards two years running.
Why Join Us:
Joining our team gives you the opportunity to make a real impact on the world, no matter what you do, as well as learning new skills, making new friends and working on innovative, interesting and rewarding projects.
Rewarding, down to earth, inclusive and supportive.
We care | We make a difference | We’re better together | We innovate | We work in an environment where we all thrive.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At musicMagpie, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.