Toyota Connected Europe is looking for a User Researcher to join our growing User Research practice within OneApp, Toyota’s global car companion app.
You will be joining us at the beginning of Toyota Connected Europe’s journey of building our team and products used by millions. Working closely with our design and product teams, responsible for delivering the strategic and visual design of large-scale, distributed software applications, systems and services.
The role will require someone confident to work between strategy and practice.
We need to identify key opportunities within the current design process; introduce and execute user research. While also keeping an eye on the future and how we might grow customer insight and value to the product organisation.
- Implement, and deliver user research, using a range of methodologies and carefully considering the appropriate approach.
- Be the user’s voice, champion their needs, and question and validate decisions by proactively sharing observations/learnings with the product teams, stakeholders, and the wider business.
- Work cross-functionally to help generate and validate ideas and concepts
- Support a customer-centric learning culture and nurture a collaborative and uplifting team environment in which you and others will thrive
- Act as a connector between the following teams: Data, Marketing Insights, R&D and UX Research and Customer Experience
- Demonstrate deep expertise in planning and executing research (i.e. ethnography, contextual inquiry, qualitative surveys, literature reviews) and evaluative user research (i.e. usability, tree tests, card sorts)
- Digest existing research and experiment regularly - find and review data, make research plans, run studies, analyse results, and influence the future priorities of the platform
- Support the buildout of research frameworks and enable efficient and frequent cycles of user feedback
- A solid understanding and proven experience with a wide range of qualitative and quantitative research methods (such as usability testing, ethnography, contextual enquiry, persona creation, journey mapping, surveys, competitor analysis)
- Experience using online and software tools for both lab-based and remote user testing, such as UserZoom and Optimal Workshop
- An understanding of appropriate responsive device mix
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with customers, stakeholders and teams alike
- The confidence to lead workshops, presentations and team shares
- Experience in working in an agile working environment, alongside product teams throughout the product life cycle
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to roll up their sleeves, define and drive the research capability of a global product organisation.
If this is the next step you are looking for in your career apply today!