Onlife Health, a Guidewell company leverages creative solutions, data-driven decisions, and years of experience to connect you to the right consumers, no matter where they are in the customer life cycle. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, work-life balance, flexible work arrangements, opportunities for growth and development, and a great place to work across our enterprise!
What Will Be Your Purpose
As a qualitative user researcher, your role is to navigate and assist in product innovation by building a deep understanding of users' problems and turn user research into insights to inform the development of new products. Responsibilities primarily include conducting usability testing and competitive market research, producing robust high-quality reports and presentations for distribution to leadership teams, and some general graphic design tasks such as image creation and formatting for the web. You will work independently and collaboratively with Marketing, Engagement, and Product teams to help translate overall business and IT objectives into strategic digital solutions through UX/Design thinking from a remote work environment.
What Will You Be Doing
- The functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Conduct product baseline testing and provide metrics reporting that lead to measurable outcomes.
- Support the strategy of new innovative designs through usability testing of our internal and external products based on their engagement goals, audience behaviors and best practices.
- Partner with Product team roles, including UX designers, product managers and directors, as well as business team leads to provide human insights reports and presentations based on qualitative testing, research, and analysis.
- Assist with suggestions for improvements to digital products and solutions based on analytics and measurable results.
- Produce creative imagery for reporting and presentations as well as assist in image optimization and formatting for the web.
- Stay abreast of and incorporate best practices and up-to-date conventions in all matters of Usability Testing.
- Participate in the development and execution of overall product strategy
What You Must Have
- 3+ years related work experience in research roles in consumer-focused companies with significant expertise in either qualitative exploratory research, and specifically identifying people’s problems and needs to inform the development of new features and products.
- Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience. Degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science or a related field, or the equivalent in years of professional experience.
- Ability to utilize UX/Design thinking while collaborating with colleagues within UX and Product teams remotely.
- Comfortable with planning, prioritizing, conducting, analyzing, and communicating research in a zero to one space.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and can easily connect with team members in product, IT, business, and design
- General understanding of WCAG & 508 Accessibility Compliance, Guidelines, and best practices for digital media
- Must have an excellent eye for typography, layout, and branding
- Detail-oriented with a critical eye for proofreading, color accuracy and sizing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Primarily: PPT, Word, and Excel) Adobe Photoshop and Apple iOS
- Skill in presentation of digital research and metrics reporting with the ability to communicate data analysis and human insights
- Business-to-business and consumer market experience
- Ability to mentally and physically keep up with a very fast pace, tight deadlines, multiple demands, and occasional long hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility regarding all aspects of job functions.
- Experience with UserTesting.com platform is preferred
- Experience with Invision is a nice to have
- Experience with Adobe XD and Illustrator is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field
- Creative conceptualizing/strategy and human insight expertise.
General Physical Demands
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
- Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
- Must be able to travel occasionally to multiple locations for work (i.e., travel to attend meetings, events, conferences).
We are an Equal Opportunity/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable culture for our employees and communities