MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More: https://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/resources/applying-and-interviewing.html#onboarding.Would you like to join a User Experience team that is constantly solving new and exciting design problems in the wireless space? Join our cross-functional team and lead projects through the full process, from understanding our users and their needs, to testing concepts and prototypes, through launch and monitoring solutions in the market. We're dedicated to crafting clear and effective user experiences for technical software products that improve the world. You may be right for this role if you are:
- Energized by talking to customers and love tackling challenging problems
- Passionate about the user experience and want to join a dynamic UX team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems
- Interested in being a core member of the development team that builds products that make the world a better place
- Interested in improving programming workflows for scientists and engineers
- Interested in improving the user experience of tools used to build the next generation of wireless technologies?
Our user experience team has over 100 passionate user experience professionals with experience in user research, usability testing and design. As strategic business partners, we work closely with our product teams and contribute throughout the product development life cycle to develop new products, features, and enhance legacy products. Learn more about our UX department
As a UX Researcher, you will collaborate with members of a cross-functional development team to improve the user experience for MathWorks products and applications. You will follow a user-centered design approach and work collaboratively to research, design, and validate innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Identify which user research methods to use to answer questions about users and design directions based on projects' needs, goals and constraints
- Conduct user research, identify user pains, and analyze user workflows to impact strategy and product direction
- Act as an advocate for our technical users
- Execute a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods such as, but not limited to, user interviews, surveys, usability testing, and card sorting
- Help the teams interpret and understand user feedback and provide recommendations for design decisions based on that feedback
- Contribute to requirements and collaborate on design documents
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- STEM Degree (e.g., Communications Engineering, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or other relevant degree)
- Experience with relevant research and collaboration tools (e.g., UserZoom, OptimalWorkshop, Morae, Miro)
- Experience with a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Knowledge of MATLAB, other programming languages (Python, C++, R, or JS), or GitHub is a plus