On the User Experience team, our mission is to focus on all user-centered and data-driven experiences that will make our products easier to use, as well as better our customers' daily lives. We are seeking a Experience Researcher to work with cross-functional teams and lead our research projects to be the voice of our users.
This role will drive research from initial early explorations through to shipping product. Your research will directly impact our users and customers by giving better insight within the company about how we can build the best products to improve our customers' lives.
What you’ll be working on
- Assess a project’s scope, determine appropriate research questions, and identify appropriate research methods (developing new ones as needed).
- Run research studies from start to finish, including: developing a realistic research plan and materials, recruiting participants, synthesizing data into findings, and present findings to stakeholders.
- Advocate for the user by articulating research findings and product ideas through clear and insightful presentations.
- Engage with different roles across the company and product team to understand and influence business goals, system architecture, and product designs.
- Present work in group-wide or company-wide forums
- Build alliances across the company to identify new partners, drive collaboration, and deeply understand the business context of research problems.
- Organize and maintain research data that is collected to help make fundamental design decisions across all products.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Can collaborate effectively across all project roles (design, research, product management, engineering, etc).
- Able to handle areas (user/product/domain) that may be ambiguous or ill-defined.
- Proven ability to use multiple qualitative research methods and able to explain the rationale for using each one.
- Don’t just summarize study data, but go one step further to identify meaningful user needs and/or product issues.
- Can proactively identify and communicate clear product solutions based on these findings, sometimes across organizational departments.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, sometimes in various ways to meet the needs of different recipients (written reports, user profiles, scenarios, etc.).
- Experience presenting work at the management, director, and VP levels.
- An understanding of the product life cycle and ability to time research to have maximum impact.
- Awareness of UX industry trends, incorporating new research techniques when appropriate.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with conducting research for enterprise products.
- Quantitative research skills like product usage data analysis, survey writing and analysis, etc.
- An advanced degree in human computer interactions, psychology, anthropology, information science, data science, or a related field.
- Experience with conducting research in the deaf and/or hard of hearing space.
About Sorenson Communications
Connecting Life. Sorenson Communications (www.sorenson.com) was founded on the principle that communication and being understood is fundamental to the human experience. Inspired by this belief and the core values of our communities, we develop the most trusted communication offerings, including Sorenson Relay, the highest-quality video interpreting service, and Sorenson Interpreting, which matches qualified sign language interpreters to specific assignment needs. As the largest private employer of Deaf people and sign language interpreters, Sorenson endeavors to provide each customer with an exceptional communication experience.
Sorenson offers innovative, Deaf-specific communication products, such as ntouch® videophones and ntouch software applications that connect PC, Mac®, and mobile device users to Sorenson Relay. For more information, visit www.sorenson.com.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well