This is a paid Summer 2021 Internship. This is a temporary, full-time internship. Candidates must be able to commit to a 10 week program.
At Virtru, we believe that everyone has the right to private and secure communication. To achieve this, a great user experience (UX) is at the forefront of our mission. Today’s data protection solutions fail because the trade-off between security and ease-of-use is unacceptable. It is not enough to simply offer data protection; we make data protection easy and delightful to use. This is where we need your help.
Design your own adventure: (1) research, (2) design systems, or (3) you tell us!
- As a user research intern on the Product & Design team, you will help us perform product research from concept to results to roadmap. Your responsibilities will include planning, recruiting, executing, and reporting on qualitative customer research, in collaboration with the people that make and support Virtru products. You will talk with our customers, test features, analyze results, and present your findings. You’ll work in an environment with multiple products at a variety of stages of market validation and experience first-hand what it’s like to contribute to a growing technology startup.
- As a design-your-own-adventure intern, you can work with designers, product managers, engineers, and other interns to find problems, design solutions, and see them through implementation. This would be a role particularly focused on working across disciplines and finding the best ways to make practical changes without being told ahead of time what to focus on. This route is best for a self directed individual who can plan and communicate their goals effectively.
In any of the above scenarios, you will be paired with a design mentor for the duration of the internship.
Skills You’ll Need
- Research: Understanding of user testing methods and best practices such as recruitment, screeners, non-bias data collection, and synthesis.
- Research: Experience summarizing and/or presenting research findings
- Design Systems: Any experience starting and/or maintaining a design system
- Design Systems: Familiarity with modern design tools like Sketch, Abstract, InVision or similar ones like Figma, Adobe XD, Marvel
- Curiosity and desire to learn about privacy and security (any prior experience is a plus)
Why an Internship at Virtru?
- You’ll get on-the-job experience on a growing product & design team serving multiple products and markets
- You’ll learn about privacy, data protection, and real-world applications for this technology
- You’ll be able to learn real world collaboration across teams like Product Management and Engineering.
- You’ll be surrounded by a design team who can offer different perspectives
Our Ideal Candidate Is...
- Naturally curious, with a particular interest in the future of privacy and security
- An empathic listener with strong research skills
- Someone that looks forward to working with and learning from other disciplines
- Able to grasp and explain technical concepts to users and stakeholders who have varying levels of knowledge and experience with privacy and security concepts
- Emphasizes learning over tools or processes
Virtru is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Virtru is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.