San Francisco / Palo Alto preferred (remote working negotiable)
Airtime is building the next generation of live, social platforms. We’re looking for an exceptional researcher to help us develop insights into the digital content and social space, to help create the best product for our users. This is a high-impact, cross-functional role with the ability to influence the direction of the organization.
The researcher sits within the Design Team and reports to the Director of Research. They work closely with team members and stakeholders to support the Design, Marketing, Product and Strategy teams by conducting high-quality research that puts the user at the heart of the decision-making process. As a small, nimble team we offer an opportunity to make a real impact - every role matters and everyone’s voice is heard.
You should be comfortable working with ambiguity and at pace as you collaborate to explore research questions that help us make better decisions across the Airtime experience. From paradigm shifts to micro-interactions, we’re looking for someone that can empathize deeply with our users to generate high impact insights that raise the bar of live social platforms.
What You'll Do
- Conduct high-quality qualitative or quantitative research that supports and evolves our understanding of product, design, marketing and strategy.
- Design and execute a variety of studies, including field studies, user experience research, competitor analyses and longitudinal studies
- Translate research into applicable, nuanced and high impact recommendations for the organisation
- Keep up to do with the market in streaming, social media and Gen Z trends
- Research administration, coordination & logistic efforts
- Enhance our understanding of our users and advocate for them as a research thought leader.
What You Bring To The Table
- Expertise in qualitative, quantitative or mixed methods research methodologies and a keen interest to continue to grow and develop further
- Excellent communication skills - translating complex data into clear, concise, and useful insights.
- A creative thinker - you look for patterns and make connections in the world around you.
- An open, curious mindset and a sense of humility; you understand the pros, cons and limitations of the research in addressing particular needs and questions
- Good teamwork ability and mindset. Airtime is a supportive, ego-free zone.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems - you are good at looking at a situation and asking questions about it.
- Familiarity with common research tools (Qualtrics, UserTesting, SurveyMonkey, Nvivo or similar etc.. )
- Bonus points for research experience in digital platforms especially in regards to social media, Gen Z/minors/under 21s