Business has changed - so should consulting. We are strategists, technologists, engineers, and designers who bridge the gap between consulting, design, and marketing to create powerful digital experiences for our customer's brands and users.
Recently named as the nation’s #6 Boutique Consulting Firm by Vault.com and one of America's Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes Magazine, Ignyte is looking for User Experience (UX) Researchers to join our progressive start-up culture and help us build a new type of consulting company.
What You'll Do
At Ignyte, our UX Researchers are passionate about planning, conceptualizing, and forming products and services that improve communications, marketing, website, and solutions features. You will be challenged daily as you wear multiple hats guiding our clients in evaluating the success of their usability and marketing efforts.
As a UX Researcher, we give you the opportunity to create your own career path based on your interests, the skills you already possess as well as the skills you would like to have. Your everyday tasks in supporting our solution efforts can range anywhere from working directly with our clients to understand their users’ needs to advising our teams on how to build user-centric solutions.
You’ll work with our firm’s leadership from day one to formulate your own job description and career goals. Not sure where you fit in? We’ll work with you to figure it out as part of the application process.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (design, marketing, or other creative or business degree preferred)
- 3 - 4 years of experience in a UX research or similar role
- In depth knowledge and ability to manage and conduct user research and concept development
- Experience researching and creating user personas and investigating user behavior
- Experience leading teams and clients throughout the process of proposing, wireframing, and implementing UX improvements
- Ability to work closely with multiple teams to identify usability topics and perform research
- Ability to plan and implement user research strategies and methods for various stakeholder groups
- Comfortable launching and iterating quickly using data
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of User Interface (UI), qualitative, and user-centered design concepts and methodologies
- Experience with conducting user research and a working knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistics
- Comfort working with groups, as well as sensitivity to individual, group, and organizational dynamics
- Experience working in small-to-medium teams to achieve project goals and complete major deliverables
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information to draw accurate, logical, and actionable conclusions
- Ability to set, manage, and meet expectations and deadlines
- Ability to assist in proposal writing for business development opportunities as requested
- Hard working, self-motivated individuals who are comfortable handling ambiguity and able to successfully complete tasks within deadlines with limited supervision
- Creative, “big picture” thinking while maintaining keen attention to detail
- “Big 4" consulting experience, and/or product management are a plus
What You'll Gain
- Experience working with a team of smart and driven professionals at DC's hottest consulting startup
- Involvement in a fun and engaging team-oriented atmosphere
- Gain experience and skills in a wide array of areas
- Exposure to business issues and challenges in a variety of industries
- Opportunity to leverage your UX knowledge, analytical, and client-facing skills