Bring your User Research expertise to us and in return we’ll give you an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities. Come and work for one of the best kept secrets in I.T.
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end-to-end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is a trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
The day job
Currently looking for a User Researcher for a unique opportunity to work within an established project team. The successful candidate will be confident in applying team research methods in support of user research initiatives as well as identifying opportunities for methods improvement and development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Data analysis – Collects and analyses data related to people’s behaviours, needs, and opinions
- Generates insights – Supports synthesis of findings and the creation of insights, reports and presentations to inform decision making and drive actions at a project level
- Prioritise requirements – Provides constructive challenge and enables effective prioritisation of requirements from user needs based on evidence from research
- Tools – Contributes to selection of the user research approaches for projects and initiatives and can plan and execute own user research activities as required
- Communicate findings – Can synthesise and articulate research findings clearly and effectively. Identifies appropriate opportunities for publication and dissemination of research findings. Develops and shares practical demonstrations of research findings. Presents papers at conferences, contribute material of publication quality, and presents reports to clients
- Usability tests – Can design and deliver usability tests
- Research Ethics – Is able to follow a research ethics plan, and generate appropriate ethics documentation for a range of projects, understands the application of GDPR to the storage and use of participant information, and data privacy
- User recruitment – Can recruit participants for project, taking into account diversity, appropriate samples and how best to address project team priorities
- User Data Security – Stores participant information securely, using an established system
- Build empathy – Helps client and colleagues empathise with the user, through tools such as mental models/ empathy maps/ personas or user case studies
- Research Practice – Is confident working with a range of users, in different contexts, e.g. one-to-one interviews, workshops, focus groups, ethnographic research
Essential Skills: (Design and Technical Skills)
- Design for user needs – Is able to identify, describe and design for user needs, including a comprehensive awareness of accessibility needs and ensuring that user stories are well defined
- Prototype analysis – Is confident evaluating prototypes or designs of systems, products or services against the agreed usability and accessibility specifications. Can interpret and present results of evaluations and prioritises issues
- UX support – Has a solid understanding of core UX tools and techniques
- Design systems – Is able to interpret and understand design systems
- Design user experience – Understands and applies UX design learning
- Impact analysis – Plan and undertake analysis to help design decisions and understand their trade-offs
- Design Standards – Is confident working within pre-defined standards (e.g. legal, regulatory or design system criteria). Can contribute to the development of policies and standards related to design decisions and technology choices
- Accessibility – Confident in applying accessibility criteria into designs and providing rationale and advice and guidance onto project and programmes
- Innovation – Is able to identify, capture and communicate innovation opportunities within individual and across different projects
- Team support – Providing peer review support for UX team.
- Team Assets – Ensures capture of relevant tools, techniques and templates into asset library. Supports with authoring of new material
- Events – Books and organises learning events for team and/or organisation.
- Individual expertise – Develop an area of personal expertise
Reasons why you should apply to us
- We’re big – really big. With that comes career growth opportunities - we offer excellent training, you’ll join a company where development and progression is actively encouraged and not just something we talk about
- We have an enviable client list – we work with some of the biggest names out there
- We ensure our working environment is supportive and collaborative, everyone has a voice and all opinions count
- Our goal is to disrupt the market, not just follow the status quo
- Sustainability is really important to us, in fact we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions