About the Unit
There are more than 500 million smallholder farms globally. 2.5 billion people depend on Smallholder Communities for their food and livelihoods. Smallholder regions are characterized by low living standards, high rates of illiteracy and low agricultural productivity. Yara's mission is "Responsibly Feed the World and Protect the Planet". Key to achieving this is enabling thriving Smallholder Communities.
In 2017, Yara created the business unit, Digital Farming. At Yara Digital Farming, we are building solutions for farming communities, constructing hardware and sensors, crunching satellite data, applying artificial intelligence, and turning research results into services, products and solutions, all aimed at achieving this mission.
Our team is made up of designers, software engineers, hardware developers, data scientists, services and solution managers and product owners. Digital Farming is a strategic priority within Yara. Each year we significantly grow our global Digital Farming team and country coverage. With hubs in Europe, Latin America, Asia and North America, Yara Digital Farming is shaping the future of farming by building new digital solutions solving critical problems within agriculture.
- Conceive, lead and conduct qualitative and quantitative user research
- Develop and set standards/methodology/best practices across solution teams and regions.
- Work closely with the Strategy and Operations team, which is looking at board industry trends, to provide quantified, timely, actionable insights.
- Identify opportunities in the markets and shape our strategy in collaboration with the leadership team
- Lead green-field user research (e.g. Africa, China, etc) hands-on and, when necessary, identify and work with local partners and teams.
- Work closely with the UX/UI and development teams to ensure product-market fit
- Document, track and share all relevant user research information within the team to help with the overall progress of product development.
- Exposure to user research projects within the LSM space
- Prior experience in running full cycle user-research projects, which guided successful development and implementation of digital products.
- Understanding and breathing agile methodologies.
- Travel extensively, ~60% of the time.
- Aligned with our principles: customer-centric, lean, service-oriented architecture, self-organization, transparency.
We encourage all qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.
- Evolving tech development division of an established agricultural products and services company.
- Explore and develop digital, software, hardware products, which provide value to farmers, smallholder communities and the value chain.
- Be part of our mission to build sustainable solutions that benefit humanity and the environment.
- Full-time, permanent and freelance contract options available with competitive remuneration + benefits.
- Support for personal development, training and continuous learning.
- Commitment to using new technologies and frameworks, meetups, and knowledge sharing.