As a User Research (UX) at Collective Benefits, you'll play a key role within our product team. User Experience Researchers work to answer the most challenging questions. In this role, you will reveal what our users and customers need from our products by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of these groups, and working with designers, product managers, engineers and others to develop new features and iterate on those we've already released.
User research is at the forefront of how our team creates intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that our users love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design.
Three reasons this role is great
- You’ll work with our close-knit Engineering and Product team, working to systematically provide insights that shape our product, define our roadmap, and drive delivery.
- If you’re looking to make a mark in your career and take ownership in a highly driven team - this is the opportunity for you. We have big ambitions for growth, move at a fast pace, and you’ll work autonomously with the close support of startup founders and senior managers who have done this before.
- You’ll make a difference - we’re building a business that will provide the protections that gig workers badly need.
What will you do?
- You'll design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- You'll work cross-functionally with many stakeholders including product management, design, engineering, and marketing
- You'll generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- You'll communicate insights in creative and compelling ways to the wider team
- You'll ensure we are always focusing on the highest priority things, focusing both on the short term needs as well as looking ahead to the next big challenge
You should join us if
- You have experience with qualitative and user-centered design methods (individual and group interviews, diary studies, direct observation, think-aloud usability testing, etc.)
- You have experience with quantitative research (survey design, response effects, sampling, crosstabs, and statistical concepts, etc.)
- You have knowledge of behavioral concepts and analysis
- You are a dedicated advocate of a user-centred, evidence-based approach to product development
The nuts and bolts:
- Experience working at well respected techology company or a rapidly growing, product driven startup
- Great communication skills whether it be face to face, through video, phone or email
- Smart, inquisitive, and have a willingness to sink your teeth into the role
- Knowledge of (or a keen interest in) the gig economy is a significant plus
What will you get in return?
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Employee Equity Options and Pension Contributions
- Birthday day off, because no-one should have to work on their birthday
- Personal development budget, to help you grow
- A shiny new laptop
- Keep healthy with 24/7 GP and Mental Health Support
- Cycle to Work and Tech Scheme saving you money and spreading the cost
- Deals & Discounts at major retailers, gyms and more