Hi, we’re Bulb. Nice to meet you.
We’re working remotely to protect our team during the coronavirus (COVID-19) lockdown. But we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
Bulb is the UK's biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time. Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019 (and we’re still limbering up).
Naturally, we’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp, too. That means we believe in using business as a force for good.
We are growing our user research team and are looking for an experienced user researcher (mid-level to senior) to work closely with our Product teams. As the voice of our members you’ll deliver insights to help us create high-impact products, enabling millions of people to reduce their bills, lower their carbon emissions and be a little bit kinder to the planet.
In This Role You Will
- Work on some of the most important questions around human behaviour of our time
- Partner with Design, Product Managers and Engineering to identify problems and product opportunities
- Define, plan and run your own research using appropriate methods
- Dive deep into big open questions (‘How do people feel about carbon offsetting?’), and solve the very focused ones (‘Why do some people start but not complete their switch to Bulb?’)
- Research across multiple domains – from web to mobile, physical products to digital services
- Know when and how to dive into the data yourself and when to collaborate with our team of data scientists, for robust qualitative insights backed up with quantitative analysis
- Share the results of your research with product teams and leadership in compelling, engaging ways, facilitating evidence-based product and design decisions
- Be the voice of the user in our product teams, and a strong advocate for user research
- Explore new ways of working – collaborating with fellow researchers and designers, constantly improving the way we work togetherAt Bulb we want to hire people with the experience necessary to get going quickly, but we know that attitude and potential can be just as important. Here are some of the things we’re looking for. If this sounds like you, we’d love for you to send us an application.
- A solid academic background, with a masters qualification preferred
- At least 2+ years hands-on experience working in user research inside a business or within an agency
- Experience being embedded in a product team preferred
- Comfortable researching at all stages of the design process (discovery and generative, as well as evaluative)
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methods, coupled with a sharp analytical mind
- Proven track record of delivering insights with real impact
- Strong presentation and storytelling skills
- High comfort level working in a self-directed environment, managing your own process and navigating ambiguity
- Happy to help our design teams to get hands on with research of their own
- Love making things that are simple and clear