Didi Chuxing (“DiDi”) is the world’s leading mobile transportation and local services platform. The company offers a full range of app-based services for over 550 million users across Asia Pacific, Latin America and Russia, including taxi-hailing, private car-hailing, P2P rideshare, bus, bikes & e-bikes, designated driving, automobile solutions, delivery and logistics, and financial services. Daily trip volume for DiDi’s core mobility services exceeds 60 million during the first week of October 2020.
Further information at: https://www.didiglobal.com/
1. Provide user insights to designers, engineers, product managers and business owners that help us deliver locally relevant and user-friendly solutions for drivers and riders
2. Design, manage and conduct qualitative and quantitative research based upon long-term strategic needs as well as ad-hoc research requests
3. Conduct hands-on research in-house with our riders and passengers, and where appropriate, using external vendor partners
4. Interface and collaborate between the DiDi headquarters team in Beijing and local teams on key research requests
5. Develop budget and the research road-map for user experience research in Australia
6. Sell and promote the value of user research across the organization
7. Develop written research reports and present the results of findings to key stakeholders
8. Enhance our understanding of the ride-share market through application of appropriate research methodologies such as customer journey maps, user segmentation, creation of personas, ethnographic research, and usability testing
9. Position requires a high tolerance for ambiguity, working across a very diverse group of stakeholders, odd-hours (e.g. calls with Beijing), local and international travel.
10. Build and maintain a world-class user research function
1. Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on user experience research, social science, human-computer interaction, psychology, anthropology or related field
2. Several years of research experience, ideally with ride-share industry expertise
3. Extensive experience in qualitative and quantitative user research methods
4. Familiarity with UX concepts such as user journey, persona, user-centered design, etc.
5. Experience applying user research to digital products
6. Basic understanding of the domain expertise of partner teams such as engineering, product, design, marketing and business stakeholders.
7. Deep understanding of when and how to apply different research methods during each phase of product development
8. Strong working knowledge of statistics, survey design, interviewing, and the integration of qualitative and quantitative research to build the research narrative to influence business decisions
9. Excellent social, communication, negotiation, collaboration and presentation
10. Fluent in English; knowledge of Mandarin a plus