About the job
We are currently looking for an ambitious User Researcher to help us uncover and share user-centric, actionable insights.
The aim of User Research at Deezer is to ensure that product, design, and strategic decisions are made with the user firmly in mind. This means constantly keeping a pulse on our users, around the world. User Researchers at Deezer are relentless advocates of a user-centered approach to product development. We are inspired by our logged data but look beyond internal analytics to explain users’ behaviors and how to improve their experience.
What you will do:
- Shape, structure and manage research projects employing a mix of both qualitative and quantitative research in the quest of better understanding music streaming users, their needs, their attitudes, and behaviours.
- Investigate user behaviour using a combination of in-person or remote tools – from user interviews to questionnaires. It's a hands-on position where we'll ask you to script questionnaires or discussion guides, dig into data, produce reports, etc.
- You will be the key asset of the team in statistical analysis skills.
- Partner with data analysts, data scientists, and market researchers, to produce relevant and actionable insights, contributing to building a common knowledge base.
- Empower Deezer teams (design, product management, content strategy, engineering, and marketing) offering a 360 view of our users.
- Actively participate in the development of user research in the company and reassert user-centricity.
- Passionately curious, willing to know and understand our users and their behaviors.
- A creative mindset, with the ambition and discipline to drive ideas to completion.
- Strong “One for all” team player attitude.
- Experience in project management ensuring delivery of projects to a high standard.
- Proficiency with research methodology.
- High proficiency with statistics.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguous information to deliver clear, actionable, and user-centric insights.
- Ability to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research.
- Excellent storytelling skills to share our insights with different types of stakeholders.
- Proficiency in English required (working language). French, German, Portuguese, or Spanish are strong assets.
- Affinity with the music industry.
- Preferably with a Master’s Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Sciences, HCI, Engineering, Statistics, etc.
Life @ Deezer Paris:
- Start-up environment with an at-home vibe and a brand-new HQ with a stunning rooftop.
- Flexible remote work policy.
- Highly motivated and product-focused people ready to drive innovation,
- Multicultural team.
- Kitchen stocked with free drinks and snacks daily.
- Gym access, plus yoga, pilates, and boxing classes.
- Hackathons & meetups.
If you feel like this is the right opportunity for you, press play!
We are an equal opportunity employer.