We’re on a mission to build the world’s greatest social bank. We believe that banking needs to change for the better. When money is used correctly, it can transform our daily lives and positively impact the planet.
We’re a varied team of experienced tech, customer experience, marketing, legal and banking professionals and we’re looking for highly motivated and inquisitive people who want to understand customer behavior and how to deliver the best customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Product Managers, Product Designers, Engineers and other User Researchers to generate hypotheses and plans for high-impact research that helps us better understand our existing and potential customers and how to create a better product that solves their problems and meets their needs.
- Lead the research for your squads, suggesting the best approach and methods to use so we’re capturing the right insight that help us grow and develop our product in our mission to build the world’s greatest social bank.
- Plan and run qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products.
- Mentor and train Product Managers and Product Designers to run their own lightweight "disposable" research, freeing you up to do the high-impact work.
- Communicate research findings to inform business decisions through the best possible means ranging from presentations, workshops, reports or whatever mechanism gets the insights into our decision-making.
- Collaborate closely with squads to make sure our qualitative insights are also enhanced by robust quantitative analysis whenever possible.
- Adapt and evolve research methods depending on objectives, and keep up to speed with the latest thinking in research to apply to Kroo's product strategy.
You should apply if:
- You’ve got hands-on experience with exploratory and evaluative qualitative research methods, appreciating their limitations and when to apply them appropriately.
- You've worked in a multidisciplinary team environment before, where you've led the research and made a demonstrable impact on the direction of the product or service. You're at your best when you’re part of a team.
- You can run user testing with your eyes closed, regardless of the setting. You should be comfortable in a lab as well as stopping people in the street for quick feedback or setting up remote tests.
- You appreciate robust research study design, but can also consider practical constraints and business goals – you understand what 'just enough research' means.
- You’re a strong communicator and facilitator. You’re able to tell a story so your audience will want to listen to and zoom into detail when needed to help solutions come to life.
What we offer:
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). In addition you’ll also get your birthday on us.
- Options in our company scheme
- Personal Health days
- Access to our workplace pension with a 3% employer contribution
- All the equipment you need to work effectively, usually a Macbook Pro as standard.
- Access to a modern, bustling office in Holborn, Central London with a free gym.
- High degree of autonomy with support from an experienced and supportive team
- Room to grow and excel within a fast paced, high grow growing start-up
- An ethically conscious company that is truly trying to change the whats most broken about the industry
Currently the majority of Kroo is working fully remotely. Working remotely has changed many of our lives for the better and we are behind continuing the benefits of flexibility once restrictions are lifted. At the same time, we have a beautiful office in Holborn, which, when used for the right things, can be a useful and powerful tool. Currently we see a blended model of working 1-2 days a week in the office, so candidates that are able to travel in occasionally are the best fit for our current working practices.
We are firmly committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace in which all employees are valued, respected, safe, supported, and listened to without judgement or prejudice. These principles apply to all, regardless of race or ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, mental or physical ability, religion, appearance, political beliefs, educational background, class, and position or tenure within the company. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are central to the direction we take at Kroo, and are considered across all aspects of our business.
Closing date: 31st July 2021