Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
The successful candidate will:
- Work as part of a multi-disciplined agile team to design user focussed and successful services
- Plan, design, and conduct user research to focus the design and development on user needs
- Contribute to the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
- Work very closely with insight and research teams at client side to delivery relevant and appropriate research plans
- Work closely with designers and developers to turn user insights into actionable design or service recommendations
- Present findings and related design/business recommendations and user insights to project stakeholders at all levels
- Where necessary, provide rapid, light weight sketches and scamps
- Work with designers to design content by taking complex language and processes and making them simple to understand
- Work with other user researchers to facilitate a consistent research approach
- Apply knowledge in human factors, rapid ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally
- Complies with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times
- Experience in a relevant role either agency or client side
- Proven experience of gathering and delivering actionable insights
- Demonstrable knowledge in user centred design practices
- Demonstrable experience of delivering as part of an agile team
- Experience in large commercial agile projects will be a benefit
The following are required skills:
- Sound knowledge of qualitative research methods including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring user needs are fully understood
- Sound knowledge of using artefacts to share and communicate insights such as user flows, experience maps, experience blueprints, prioritised user needs, user profiles, and test results
- Good knowledge and understanding of quantitative research methods
- Good understanding of information architecture, interaction design, and visual design principles
- Good awareness of the business and project constraints as they apply to user research
- Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management
- A good understanding of Agile delivery methodology
- Able to work flexibly and to tight deadlines
The following are desirable skills:
- Experience in user research and the techniques used to gather, define and understand user needs
- Experience of working in a digital start up
- Experience of working in a full service digital agency environment
- Active and participant in communities of interest (e.g. online groups, speaking at conferences etc.)
- Degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, or related field
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos.
Who You Are
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
We're an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a basic background check , however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn't relevant to the role. It's important to note - failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences. Kainos has a policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders (available on request).