Modern Health is a mental health benefits platform for employers. We are the first solution to cover the full spectrum of mental well-being needs through both evidence-based digital content and professional support from a global network of certified coaches or therapists all in one comprehensive app. Whether someone wants to proactively manage stress or treat depression, Modern Health guides people to the right care at the right time. We empower companies to help all of their employees be the best version of themselves, and believe in meeting people wherever they are in their mental health journey.
We are a female-founded company, backed by investors like Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, John Doerr, Y Combinator, and Battery Ventures. We partner with 220+ global companies like Lyft, SoFi, Pixar, Gusto, Okta, and Udemy that are taking a proactive approach to mental health care for their employees. Modern Health has raised more than $170 million in less than two years with a valuation of $1.17 billion, making Modern Health the fastest entirely female-founded company in the U.S. to reach unicorn status. We are looking for driven, creative, and passionate individuals to join in our mission.
In 2020 we tripled our employee headcount, doubled our customer base and grew our revenue 10x. As a hyper-growth company we have maintained our people-first culture winning awards including Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021.
An inclusive and diverse culture are key components of mental well-being in the workplace, and that starts with how we build our own team. If you're excited about this role, we'd love to hear from you!
The Role -
In this role you'll lead research for critical initiatives and partner with design, product and engineering to deliver user-centered solutions. You'll be the founding researcher and an integral part of our small but growing design and research team. As a champion for all our customer groups you will help define our overall research direction alongside our entire Tech team.
Design and research are at the heart of how we build products and remain a competitive advantage for the company and service, so if you are looking for a research opportunity at a high-growth organization while making a positive impact alongside a talented team of professionals – you'll be a great fit for Modern Health.
We're committed to the health and safety of the community, so our team is currently working remotely and will continue to do so for the near term. Permanently remote opportunities are specifically indicated. This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado or Hawaii.
What You'll Do -
- Identify and prioritize strategic and tactical research questions that will have the most impact to the business and customers
- Own the entire research process from ideation to insights, including communicating findings throughout the company
- Plan and conduct qualitative or quantitative research, such as foundational research or user surveys. Bonus points if you have strong quantitative skills, such as a proficiency in SQL.
- Partner with other researchers, data scientists and analysts across the company to deliver holistic customer narratives and insights
- Partner closely with design, product, engineering, operations, and care teams to drive and deliver new products and features that puts customers at the center of the experience
- Partner closely with stakeholders to define a flexible research process that facilitates transparency and collaboration and that is focused on driving value to customers on a frequent basis
- Help us grow our design and research team by actively recruiting and interviewing designers and researchers
Who You Are -
- 5-7 years of user research experience, conducting and leading research at healthcare or B2B/SaaS companies
- You have a strong foundation in research practices and methodologies and know when and how to apply them during the product development process
- You have a background in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- You have a proven track record of playing both a leadership and supporting role in shipping great products to customers – from inception to launch
- You have experience collaborating with people across multiple disciplines/departments
- You successfully communicate ideas both in writing and presentation formats
- You have an incredible attention to detail. You sweat the little things and are meticulous about your work – from study guides to survey questions to executive summaries
- You manage your time and projects carefully and independently. You regularly and proactively share what you're working on, what your goals are, what's coming next
- You're comfortable in ambiguity and enjoy the process of driving towards clarity
Bonus Points If You Have Experience In -
- Working in a high growth startup
- Working in a SaaS company
- Working in Health Tech
- Strong quantitative skills, such as a proficiency in SQL
- 100% coverage for Medical / Dental / Vision
- Stipend towards mental health benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO
- Passionate team dedicated to making a positive impact
- Awesome office with snacks and catered lunch in the Financial District
- Generous parental leave policy
- Unlimited career growth opportunity