At User Interviews, we believe that the best companies in the world consistently deliver products and experiences that their customers love. We also believe that the only way to consistently build those products and experiences is to talk to your customers. Watch what they do. Understand why they do what they do. Figure out why they do things that seem irrational. And once you’ve done that once, do it again. Start having constant conversations. In short, make customers your #1 priority through user research.
That’s why we exist. We help teams set up those conversations, allowing them to discover and embrace user insights. We currently do that by making it fast and easy to talk to customers, or potential customers, to help with product, design, or marketing decisions. We work with hundreds of companies every month, including user-centric organizations like Atlassian, Amazon, and Spotify.
What You'll Do
- Produce actionable insights that inform overall company strategy and specific product and design decisions
- Design, conduct, and analyze research, both foundational and tactical
- Collaborate with product managers, product designers, and data analysts to answer research questions and de-risk decisions using a mixed-methods approach
- Analyze results and translate them into clear compelling frameworks and narratives that inspire empathy, action, and change among your partners
- Coach people who do research across User Interviews (Product Managers, Designers, Marketers)
- Act as an internal evangelist for our customers, our users, and research as a discipline
- Collaborate with Research Operations Manager to create methods for storing and organizing insights, tracking impact, and knowledge sharing
- 3+ years of experience conducting research in user experience, product design or technology contexts
- You have experience influencing company or product strategy with insights
- You're a great writer and strong storyteller. You love sharing your work through different mediums and channels!
- You have experience with core research methods (exploratory interviews, concept testing, usability testing, basic survey design, and analysis, etc)
- You're driven to try and share new, innovative research methods
- You're comfortable leading workshops and analysis sessions with cross-functional partners
- Bonus: Familiarity with design. You're comfortable pairing with product designers and know your way around a Figma file
- Bonus: Familiarity with basic data analytics, experimentation, and statistical concepts. We have a separate analytics department, but you're comfortable exploring data analytics and using them to inform your work.
- Competitive pay
- 100% premium-covered healthcare + dental + vision coverage for you
- 401(k)- 4 weeks of PTO + Unlimited Wellness days
- Flexible, paid parental leave
- Flexibility in when / where / how you work
- 1 or 2 company retreats per year (we brought the whole team together in Denver last month!)
- $250 Equipment and office setup budget
- $500 Annual learning stipend