Job Description & Qualifications: At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Envision a world of intelligent mobility and ground-breaking innovation. Over the past decade, wireless technologies, off-board systems, and in-vehicle systems have fundamentally changed to perform limitless functions to deliver connected features helping commuters to make informed decisions about their next trip, providing infotainment and diagnostic information. Even more exciting are the limitless possibilities on the road ahead for connected vehicles!
Enterprise Connectivity is a distributed team within Ford Mobility group responsible for architecture, systems engineering, development, validation, and the ongoing operations of connected vehicles, autonomous vehicles (AV), and electrification connectivity features.
Our team is seeking UX Researchers/Design Researchers who will ensure the human is at the center of our product strategy and services by translating users' values, needs and motivations into meaningful insights directly coordinated into hardware and software services. Working as part of a research team and directly with cross functional partners to lead the planning, execution, and integration of end-to-end research + insights that directly encourage fleet service experiences.
What You'll Be Able To Do
- Own the journey of human-centered research to uncover insights that contribute to all phases of the design process.
- Conduct a balance of research initiatives across multiple development phases (ex. Foundational, Tactical) while utilizing a variety of research methods (ex. Generative, Exploratory) and tools.
- Own full end-to-end research projects while working closely with cross subject area partners (design, program management, engineering, etc.)
- Lead in-market experience pilots across Miami, Austin (future cities to follow)
- Champion the voice of users and use inspiration to discover hidden opportunities.
- Independently drive project research while demonstrating the collective knowledge of fellow researchers
- Work as part of a close team on collaborative design projects.
- Help build the UX Research/Design Research craft and culture within the Ford Pro Intelligence organization.
- Impact the human experience within the evolution of transportation and future of mobility at a global scale.
Minimum Requirements We Seek
- Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years of experience in user research
- 2+ years conducting qualitative research
Our Preferred Qualifications
- Masters degree in human factors, human computer interaction (HCI), psychology, anthropology, sociology, design, or similar fields
- 5+ years of experience in user research or similar field
- 5+ years conducting qualitative research
- Ability to deliver on the research process including initial prioritizing, in-field moderation, analysis/synthesis, and insight creation/storytelling
- Experience in designing and/or facilitating group collaboration workshops and synthesis sessions
- The ability to think creatively and experiment with different tools and methods to stretch and challenge our learning
- Facilitate and synthesize research findings and unearth systems-level patterns to develop creative storytelling tools to enable design for user goals, values, and aspirations
- Design, plan and encourage top quality qualitative research, including developing profiles and screening criteria for participant recruitment
- Identify external professionals or analogous experiences to encourage the team
- Work with a wide variety of partners to define learning objectives and craft research plans
- Conduct field observation, analogous research, conversations with professionals and acute users
- Make research findings relevant and impactful for design through a variety of formats such as insights, decks, stories, videos, and experiences
- Facilitate post-research learning events such as generative design workshops and design sprints
- Experience working on highly collaborative teams or other multidisciplinary teams
- Prior experience + desire to mentor/coach fellow researchers across different methods and tools
What You’ll Receive In Return
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition. Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For Information On Ford's Salary And Benefits, Please Visit