Ally and Your Career
- Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that’s more than some cliché people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams, and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
- Operates under the direction of more senior Usability Researchers as support for a key project or line of business.
- Depending on level of experience, may run some projects independently.
The Work Itself
- Works with UX and digital prodcut owners to understand and recommend evaluative and iterative usability research throughout the life cycle of a digital design project.
- Is responsible for creating test plan, screener, discussion guide, facilitating moderated or unmoderated research studies, analysis and reporting out on research findings and recommendations for discussion with the UX and digital product team.
- Ensures that ideation, and usability are at the forefront UX Design as it relates to touch devices, websites, user interfaces, applications and digital marketing.
- Consults with product partners and UX team members to develop a Discovery research plan for projects.
- Carry out and report on baseline testing, stakeholder/user interviews, competitive analyses, site data analysis, research reviews, focus groups and other research as needed.
The Skills You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Human Factors Engineering, Usability/Research, or Business Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Computer Science, Professional Writing or other related discipline/equivalent experience.
- 1+ years related experience, or combination of higher education with lab experience.
- Usability/Research, or Business Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Computer Science, Professional Writing or other related discipline.
- Review of moderation skills required.
- Experience with Usertesting.com or similar research platforms.
How We'll Have Your Back
- Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation – or total rewards – extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally, and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and childcare discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are:
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered, if not currently employed by Ally.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.