Healios is a leading digital healthcare company, bringing the whole family together to maximise long-term outcomes and wellbeing. At Healios our mission is to bring exceptional healthcare to anyone, anytime, anywhere.
We reimagine the way children, young people, and adults access and receive mental health services by blending the best of technology with specialised clinical expertise and a personal human connection. At Healios, we transform mental health and neurodevelopmental services by providing quicker access to assessment, faster access to evidence-based psychological therapies, and earlier intervention to create a unique online experience – healthcare that fits around the lifestyle and circumstance of the family to get the right care when and where they need it.
We are an organisation that allows our staff to make a real difference not only in reshaping how mental health issues and emotional wellbeing services are delivered across the UK, but also in the lives of those individuals and families who need our support. Our teams are friendly, focused and passionate about making a positive difference to our patients and their families.
We encourage our teams to constantly push for better outcomes and we embrace change to assist in the development of the company. Everyone’s input and opinion matters to us and we work in an environment where this is encouraged.
We’re looking for an experienced User Researcher to join the Product team at Healios, reporting into the Chief Product Officer. You will join as the first researcher on our team. This means you will have the opportunity to put in place strong foundations and set the course for the evolution of our User Research discipline. You’ll be working alongside Product Designers, Product Managers, & New Product Leads and cross-functionally with our (200+) team of Clinical specialists, Commercial and Marketing.
You are someone who draws motivation, purpose and inspiration from the mission of a company in helping to solve the problems you work on. You are interested in behavioral change for good and want to make the world a better place.
The below is to give you a sense of what we’re generally looking for. If you are excited about Product and our mission, do consider applying even if you feel that not all of the requirements apply to you - if we can help you grow into some of these areas, all the better.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Advocate an exemplary understanding of the customer (clinicians, young people, their families, and our commercial partners), ensuring we are focusing on pertinent customer problems
- Work with the rest of the Product team in identifying and prioritising research needs
- Develop a solid and continuous stream of customer discovery, helping to identify new opportunities for innovation and growth, while providing an informed view to help guide our Product & Design direction, strategy and priorities
- Source and introduce new research methodologies as appropriate, driving the design thinking, framing the problems to be solved, developing assumptions and hypotheses, problem statements, validation, etc.
- Conduct research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Lead and facilitate workshops, usability testing, focus groups, etc as appropriate
- Design hypotheses and lead studies that examine both user behaviour and attitudes
- Generate actionable insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate product experiences
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Share customer insights and research findings with the wider team to raise our understanding of the customer, and guiding them in interpreting and actioning outcomes
- Work closely with the rest of the team in defining, designing, validating and iterating on product features
- Invest in design standards, shared resources/documentation, processes and best practice alongside the team to further our Design practice.
WHAT YOU BRING TO HEALIOS
- Experience working in User Research, ideally in a start-up environment
- Experience of Mental Health Services (working in or lived experience) in the UK and/or US (desirable)
- Empathetic, people-friendly and a great listener
- Have an innate curiosity and understanding of people, their motivations and thought processes
- Great communication skills - a good conversation starter in conducting interviews and research with a product focus
- Analytical and organised
- Have experience working on a broad range of research projects, using a variety of user research methodologies; quantitative, qualitative, generative (defining the problem) & evaluative (assessment of existing products)
- Have experience in a wide range of methodologies, e.g. interviews, diary studies, ethnography, surveys, usability testing
- Have experience leading and facilitating user research activities
- Comfortable presenting research findings to senior stakeholders, and working with them to inform business and product strategy
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem identification through to detailed UI
- Prior experience in the full end-to-end product lifecycle from research to delivery, with evidence of successful outcomes
- A healthy degree of pragmatism to know where research can be most impactful, and where it’s not a good use of your time - comfortable deciding between competing priorities
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE FOR YOU
- A collaborative culture where curiosity, creativity, experimentation and innovation are fostered
- A highly motivated and energetic team bringing a wide range of talents, experience and knowledge to solve complex challenges
- Autonomy to shape and design world leading clinical pathways that harness the power of combining technology with evidence-based interventions and a human touch
- Opportunities to grow and further develop your professional interests
- A culture that challenges the status quo in pursuit of providing exceptional healthcare and an unrivalled experience for the clients and families we support
WHAT WE OFFER
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays and closure days)
- Birthday Holiday – one extra day per year
- Extra Leave – buy up to two weeks of additional leave
- Flexible working
- Enhanced Maternity package – which includes an additional benefit of a 3 month phased return to work paid to full salary
- Enhanced Sick Pay
- Professional Development Support
- Contributory Pension Scheme
PRE- EMPLOYMENT CHECKS
As part of our pre-employment checks, all employees of Healios will be asked to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Dependent on your role within the business, this will either be an Enhanced or Basic. A Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check will be required. You will also be asked to provide two professional references as a minimum.