Why Collective Benefits?
Right now, the people who care for our families, pack our produce and deliver our parcels face a fragile financial existence. And that’s not right. We believe they deserve to live and work without compromise. So we’re doing something about it.At Collective, we’re enabling companies with the right intentions to provide the right protections. Working directly with the on demand platforms propelling our economy forward. Helping them ramp up recruitment and retention, increase engagement and protect their people. All at the same time. Together, we’re making independent work, work for everyone.We’ve got backing from the people behind Deliveroo, Zoopla and Cazoo, and some of the most prestigious and well known VCs in the world:
We have been featured in The Economist, Sifted and Forbes (to name a few). And as we expand operations across the UK and Europe, we're on a mission to make independent work, work for everyone.
- Come and help us build a category defining, marketing leading, socially impactful platform specifically designed for the needs of the self-employed.
- As a User Researcher at Collective Benefits, you'll play a key role within our Product and Engineering function answering the most challenging questions to set the contest for what we create.
- In this role you'll reveal what our users and customers need from our products by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviours and motivations of these groups. You will work with designers, product managers, engineers, and others to develop new features and iterate on those we've already released.
- User research is at the forefront of how our team creates intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that our users love.
- We strive to learn and understand our users needs, behaviours, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design.
What will you do?
- You'll design and execute studies that address both user behaviour and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- You'll run usability testing sessions to understand and identity areas of improvement
- You'll work cross-functionally with many stakeholders including product management, design, engineering, and marketing
- You'll generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- You'll communicate insights in creative and compelling ways to the wider team
- You'll ensure we are always focusing on the highest priority things, focusing both on the short term needs as well as looking ahead to the next big challenge
You should join us if
- You have experience with qualitative and user-centered design methods (individual and group interviews, diary studies, direct observation, think-aloud usability testing, etc.)
- You have experience with quantitative research (survey design, response effects, sampling, crosstabs, and statistical concepts, etc.)
- You have knowledge of behavioural concepts and analysis
- You are a dedicated advocate of a user-centred, evidence-based approach to product development
The nuts and bolts:
- Experience working at well respected technology company or a rapidly growing, product driven startup
- Great communication skills whether it be face to face, through video, phone or email
- Smart, inquisitive, and have a willingness to sink your teeth into the role
- Knowledge of (or a keen interest in) the gig economy is a significant plus
What will you get in return?
- 💰Competitive Salary based on experience
- 💸Employee Equity Options and Pension Contributions
- 🎂Birthday day off, because no-one should have to work on their birthday
- 🌳 Personal development budget, to help you grow
- 💻 a shiny new laptop
- 🩺 keep healthy with 24/7 GP, Mental Health Support & more
- 🚲Cycle to Work and 🎧Tech Scheme saving you money and spreading the cost
- 🎉 Deals & Discounts at major retailers, gyms and more