Through our dedicated associates, Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of Fortune 100 companies and over 500 governments – creating exceptional outcomes for our clients and the millions of people who count on them.
You have an opportunity to personally thrive, make a difference and be part of a culture where individuality is noticed and valued every day.
Purpose And Description Of Role
Working with a multidisciplinary team, you'll help us develop a deep understanding of our users and test whether what we're building will meet their needs. Your findings will allow the team to design and build better services and improve existing services based on data and evidence from our customers.
Responsibilities And Activities
- You'll take responsibility for planning, designing and preparing a range of user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of the service.
- You'll conduct usability testing with a wide range of users from England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including users with accessibility requirements.
- You'll analyse research data and identify actionable findings and outcomes which you'll communicate with the digital and policy people you work with.
- We'll expect you to deliver your research information through a combination of presentations at show and tells, stand-ups and wider team meetings, designing and maintaining research outputs on the team wall and creating formal reports.
- You will establish collaborative working practices with content designers, product managers and developers, turning your user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable service improvements and solutions.
- Ability to collaborate with information architects, content architects and other data architects to support common goals and approaches.
- Ability to collaborate with business analysts and data stewards to assess if the model is fit for use.
- Demonstrated ability to meet schedules and multi-task.
- Good oral and written communications skills in both technical and client facing situations.
- Must be a team player, receptive to new ideas and concepts and willing to embrace them when final determinations are made.
- Experience in high-volume, transaction processing productions systems.
- Experience with Lean Software Development, preferably Green Belt certified.
Additional Desired Skills
- Knowledge of a range of user research methods, techniques for analysis of research data, synthesis of findings and presentation of clear findings that are usable.
- Experience planning and doing continuous user research in a multidisciplinary team will be essential, as will the experience of involving your team in research activities, analysis and synthesis.
- Experience of being able to quickly understand the social and technological context of services; this will enable you to demonstrate how you have aligned your user research activities to help your team understand changing user behaviour.
- Understanding of the diversity of users of government services and illustrate how you would include all kinds of users in appropriate research activities to help teams deliver accessible services.
- Some knowledge of current technologies used to build and operate digital services, and the different technical roles will be highly desirable.
- Experience working on public service design, especially local public service design an advantage.
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.1 guidelines.
- Working knowledge of Discovery, Alpha , Private Beta.
- Previous GDS , CDDO experience essential.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form. You may also click here to access Conduent's ADAAA Accommodation Policy.
At Conduent we value the health and safety of our associates, their families and our community. For US applicants while we DO NOT require vaccination for most of our jobs, we DO require that you provide us with your vaccination status, where legally permissible. Providing this information is a requirement of your employment at Conduent.