We are RNID. Together we’ll make life more inclusive for deaf people and those with hearing loss or tinnitus.
Our charity has been through a complete transformation, while building on the best of our past. We’ve returned to our former, much-loved name, become wholly remote working, and established a new strategy, focused on reaching the 12 million people in the UK who are deaf, have hearing loss or tinnitus.
We are creating a radically different culture which is externally focused, curious, evidence-based, deliberate, agile, and future orientated. Our values are at the heart of what we do.
We strive to continue to be connected to our communities, insightful and confident in what we do and who we are, curious in everything we do and passionate about our purpose.
This role is important to us and this is where you come in…
You will use a range of research methods to identify and interpret user needs and present and share findings. You will work with other colleagues, partners, people we support, those who support us, and the public, to help create and improve products and services for our users. You will work within a matrix as part of the Insight and Evidence Team and working closely with the Digital and Innovation Team.
You will build on the work we have done so far to embed user research practices into the team and organisation, so we can continue to put user needs at the heart of our decision making.
1. plan, design, prepare and run research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of our products and services
2. carry out a range of research methods, from contextual and discovery research through to usability and accessibility testing
3. manage the end-to-end process from recruiting participants and preparing discussion guides, to moderation, analysis and presenting results
4. turn user research findings into stories and communicate user research findings to the team and wider organisation, so there is an RNID wide understanding of our users
5. manage our user needs and research library and guidelines and contribute to and progress the development of our design system.
We are looking for someone with:
Our commitment to diversity
We are committed to supporting our staff including making reasonable adjustments. If you require support to apply for or fulfil the requirements of this role, please inform us so we can discuss the options with you.
To apply, please follow the link to our website.