tails.com is using the power of technology combined with applied nutritional science to change the world of pet food for good.
We’re tails.com, a dog food subscription company with a big difference. We create truly tailored food for each and every dog we serve. We start by asking people a few simple questions about their dog. Then we use that information to create their dog’s unique tails.com recipe – so their dog gets exactly the nutrition they need, in the taste they love, delivered to their door every month. It’s clever stuff.
We’ve got ambitious plans. Having created an entirely new category in pet food, we’re now scaling fast in the UK and Europe – backed by Purina, one of the world's largest pet food companies. You’ll join a bunch of smart people working towards the same goals – and a bunch of smart-ish dogs, all working on their own thing.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be using a variety of methods to conduct research from discovery phase through to evaluative phase. Driving research projects independently and honing your knowledge to become a subject matter expert in your focus area. You’ll work closely with stakeholders to scope, run and playback research. Finally you’ll be a true champion of user research 💪, promoting our value and driving action based on customer insight.
As a User Researcher You’ll Bring
- Experience using a variety of research methods and approaches including interviews, usability testing, competitive user testing and surveys.
- Knowledge and experience conducting all aspects of the research process from recruiting & planning through to analysis & sharing outcomes.
- An ability to work on multiple streams of work and manage workload autonomously.
- Experience working within a fast paced environment and gaining 'just enough' insight to help our colleagues solve real customer problems within the digital experience.
And it's a bonus if you have...
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills - engaging teams across the research process.
- Experience conducting research across the customer journey from the digital experience through to customers receiving and using the physical product.
- Show an ability to think creatively to solve problems and/or engage others in the research process and outcomes.
- Experience running participatory research remotely and using user research and participant recruitment tools such as Lookback.io, usabilityhub and respondent.io.
What's In It For You
- You’ll get a competitive salary, reviewed annually, and from day one will be a shareholder in tails.com
- We value flexibility, and have embraced a hybrid working environment with flexible core hours. For this role, we’re open to both fully remote or hybrid working (1-5 days in the office).
- We’re on a high growth trajectory and offer the chance to work in an environment and with a team that will constantly challenge, support and develop you.
- You’ll start on 25 days of holiday which will increase in the time you’re with us. On top of this, we offer optional unpaid leave and a paid volunteer day each year.
- For expectant parents, we have extended maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption pay.
- We have loads of other great benefits, visit our careers page for more info.
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear from you.
Here’s a taster of how our recruitment process works:
- Our Hiring Manager will review your CV and application questions
- If we like the look of it all, you'll then have a phone call with our Talent Acquisition Manager to better understand your experience
- If that goes well, the next stage is with a couple of members of research team, where we'll do a live case study (there'll be no homework for you to prepare!). Depending on scheduling, we'll most likely combine this with a 1:1 with the hiring manager
- The final interview would be with a stakeholder from within tails.com that you'd be working closely with
We’re proud to be an active equal opportunity employer. We want to give everyone a fair chance to join us in changing the world of pet food for good. We do this by conducting a structured recruitment process for all candidates, as well as actively promoting our roles to communities that are under-represented at tails.com.During your interview process you’ll meet some of our team with varying levels of responsibility and experience. We want to give every candidate a fair interview process and if you need any reasonable adjustments made, please let us know.