Who we are, what we do & why we do it
We are Dext. Our suite of tools makes accountants more productive, profitable and powerful. In doing so we give them back the most precious commodity, time, which they can then use to add greater value to their clients.
Accountants and bookkeepers are the backbone of every successful business. For more than a decade we’ve empowered our partners with innovative technology solutions to make businesses better. Dext allows them to meet the challenges they face today, tomorrow and in the future.
We are currently looking for a User Researcher to join a highly visible team that is at the heart of guiding our approach to enhancing user experience across all of our products. This role sits within the Design and Research Team which encompasses UX Research, UX Design, UI Design, UX Copywriting and Design Operations. There is a very close relationship with UX Design and both disciplines tend to work together on a daily basis.
Our mission within the Design & Research team is to use our collective expertise to represent our users, explore opportunities and solve complex problems that enable our customers to be efficient, profitable and happy whilst using our products. We have a clear vision of being a diverse and collaborative team of experts creating experiences users ‘love to need’ in a business at the forefront of FinTech innovation.
The role (what you’ll do):
The core focus of the User Researcher will be to improve how we analyse, document and communicate how our customers interact with our products. They will be a user-champion, ensuring evidence-based, data-driven approaches to service design and delivery.
- Own the end-to-end research process on specific research projects, including planning, implementation and reporting of results as well as communication and ownership of research findings
- Collate data from various sources to provide insight into the differing behaviours of Dext customers
- Work closely with other team members on the implementation of product changes coming out of research insights
- Act as a strong advocate for user experience throughout the product research and design process
- Work with Product Management to decide customer KPIs as our measurement of success.
- Be proactive in driving research operations improvements to ensure the team is continually improving.
About you (what we are looking for):
- Support the research function within a multi-disciplined value stream, focused on a particular area of our business or product.
- Work closely with Product Managers and designers to discover and identify opportunities to improve our products.
- Work with our wider UX Research team and your cross-functional team to plan and undertake both generative and evaluative research (qualitative and quantitative).
- Identifying behaviours and needs that inform the continuous development of key user journeys.
- Collaborate with your team across research design, defining problem statements, through ideation, prototyping, testing and constructing experiences informing the product development process.
- Create user journeys, flows, personas, empathy maps and any other artefacts required to enrich the team's understanding of the real user problem they are trying to solve.
- Deliver appropriate and timely insights, updates and reports to empower product development decision making.
- Manage stakeholders on projects fostering alignment and building consensus on user needs through workshops and collaborative meetings.
- Partner with team members outside the research team to run unmoderated and moderated user testing (both in-person and remotely).
- Work with the Product and UX team to estimate, plan and sequence work based on business objectives, opportunities and impact.
What success looks like:
- Continually supporting the effort of identifying opportunities and resolving issues by working with various stakeholders across the business including Product Managers, UX Designers and Engineers.
- Attributing the results of delivered work back to value stream KPIs to help articulate the impact UX plays in all of your work.
- Playing a crucial role in educating colleagues on best practices and making decisions based on your expertise at all stages of a project.
- Demonstrates the ability to think about the wider impact of work and impact on future iterations (future-proofing)
What you’ll bring
- Research skills - Ability to help an organisation adopt a wide range of user research methods. Whether strategic or tactical, can lead a practice to help an organisation continually assure, improve and innovate through better user research.
- Balanced execution - Good judgment when making trade-offs between experimental rigor and the need to quickly derive actionable insights that reduce project and/or product risk.
- Excellent communication skills - Ability to, both verbally and written, communicate findings pertaining to complex business and technical concepts in understandable terms.
- End-to-end project experience: Ability to independently run all aspects of the user research lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating, budgeting research).
- A minimum of 3 years relevant research experience - with a track record of translating findings into more informed design and product decisions.
- Growth mindset - This position is a great opportunity for someone interested in growing into a UX leadership role in time.
These are our ideal requirements, but we hire on potential, not just on experience, and we know that some people are less likely to apply for a role if they don’t meet 100% of the criteria. At Dext we are committed to cultivating a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture, so please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies.
You can read more about our Diversity & Inclusion commitments here.
What you will be a part of:
We are a highly ambitious, innovative, market-leading FinTech. We are a global, well-funded business but have the dexterity and pace of a scale-up. We are uncompromising in our desire to achieve our best, day-in day-out, and we have three clear values which guide everything we do:
Be Brave - Everyone in the company has a voice to challenge ideas and the status quo.
Be Exceptional - We set high standards for ourselves. We aim to be exceptional at what we do.
Be Together - We are one team. There is no such thing as individual success without team success.
What we will give you - the perks in the UK:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- 25 days off plus bank holidays volunteering days, summer hours and a day off the week of your birthday
- Employer-paid private medical insurance and health cash plan (Medicash - reloadable shopping cards, cinema ticket discounts, online discount and more!)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to the Learnably platform where you can spend your annualL&D allowance - https://www.learnerbly.com/
- Regular social events
- Gym discount: as an employee of Dext UK, you will have access to all ClassPass memberships at a discounted rate - https://classpass.com/search
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity
- Payroll giving
- Income protection
- Mental health support through Help@Hand