Informed Solutions specialises in delivering business innovation through large scale digital transformation, big data and analytics solutions and systems integration.
Our growing business needs an experienced and outcome-focused User Researcher.
You will be professional, clear thinking, positive under pressure and results driven, with a ‘can do’ attitude that inspires respect from other leaders and professionals. We are looking to recruit a colleague who works well with others and shares the Company’s core professional values of innovation, excellence and integrity.
Informed does not aspire to be an average business; we recruit exceptional colleagues, develop inspiring leaders and professionals, and have built up an enviable client list. We are excited by people who are driven by achievement and are motivated by being part of a successful team that gets results.
You will be excited by the opportunity to:
- Ensure that user centred design principles are applied at all stages of the project, using your knowledge of human factors, ethnography, and user-centred design processes in order to ensure an iterative and customer focused development environment.
- Evaluate and monitor our clients’ experience across multiple touch-points and platforms, as well as reviewing proposed designs and anticipating any usability issues they may cause.
- Collaborate with designers, product owners, developers and analysts to provide teams with research solutions and key insights that will inform product development.
- Support consultations and build relationships with senior stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Draw on the full suite of UX research methodologies, deploying them continuously or tactically as appropriate.
- Regularly conduct, moderate and analyse user-testing sessions on clients’ sites rapidly turning observations into actionable design recommendations.
- Plan, coordinate and manage all practical aspects of user-testing sessions (with team support) including writing participant recruitment briefs and managing external suppliers.
- Employ remote user testing, session-tracking, heuristic evaluation, competitor analysis, site intercepts, surveys and IA activities as projects require.
You will have experience and awareness of:
- User research delivery experience in a consultancy, agency or in-house setting.
- Degree or higher degree in psychology, behavioural sciences, HCI or similar.
- Demonstrable regular experience of moderating one-to-one usability sessions – and (ideally) training in interviewing techniques.
- Knowledge and practical experience of using a variety of UX research methods (qualitative and quantitative), with a strong awareness of their merits and weaknesses.
- Experience of using a variety of commercial UX research or VOC software tools.
- Knowledge of UCD principles and best practices.
- Delivering digital services in accordance with best practice and the latest and most relevant design manuals.
We are happy to consider applicants with a variety of experience levels. First and foremost, we wish to hire the best people: driven by purpose and motivated by the opportunity to grow and develop. We are committed to investing in you and helping you grow into the role with an outstanding talent development programme and benefits package that includes pension, bonus scheme and private health care.