Equal Experts is a global consultancy of senior practitioners who are experts in the design, delivery, and scaling of custom software products and data. We work with customers to bring the step change they need to sustain a culture of digital innovation. You can read more about our services here.
Our products are often market-leading innovations and we are recognized for our leadership in the application of agile and lean delivery methods to assure delivery.
We believe cohesive teams make better software, and we take as much pride in our values and investing in a grown-up culture as we do in our output. Our people are very important to us. As an associate, you are treated with courtesy and technical respect. We value the ideas and knowledge you bring, and once you’re part of the network you will have abundant opportunities to grow and diversify further.
Right now we are extending our UX/UI Design capability to meet the needs of our customers. These are exciting times because we are at the start of the expansion and our client portfolio is global. Currently we are looking for User Researchers with proven experience to join the Equal Experts network.
You will have the opportunity to work with cross-functional product teams in a variety of industries, helping to shape product vision and strategy as well as defining successful delivery and executions roadmaps. You will work closely with engagement managers, delivery leads, and engineers to ensure that you are delivering meaningful outcomes.
- Owning the user research process in a rapidly iterative development environment
- Choosing the right research method to understand user needs and behaviours across all stages of the product lifecycle, from discovery through to live evaluation
- Identifying appropriate participant samples for testing
- Planning research sessions and defining research roadmaps
- Research Operations: facilitating recruitment and incentives and advising on software and tooling when required
- Analysing data and communicating actionable insights to the team and stakeholders
- Demonstrating the value of user research: engaging sceptical clients and team members and helping immature teams to embed user research practices into their agile workflow
- Collaborating with the team and stakeholders to set objectives and hypotheses for research
- Application of methods beyond usability testing, for example formative discovery methods, ethnographic observation, diary studies, in-depth interviews, card sorting, A/B and multivariate testing.
- Collecting, storing and managing research data in line with GDPR and following ethical research practices, for example. Market Research Society guidelines
- Communicating research in a way that helps development teams and clients to understand what users need , for example customer journey maps, highlight reels, playbacks and personas
- Working with Designers to explore user needs through wireframes and prototypes
- Running workshops - bringing clients and team members together to converge on research questions and objectives
- Conducting inclusive research, understanding how and when to engage people with accessibility needs, low digital skills or other access needs in user research
- Helping to rapidly set up and run research in environments where clients are new to user research
- Complete flexibility. You are able to source your own work if you wish, outside of Equal Experts and still stay within the EE network for future challenges - we’ll welcome you back at any time!
- Be part of a community of hundreds of senior professionals and have access to EE internal blog, events and referral scheme
- Remote working enabled, with expectation to be present in the office when required.
- Work with like-minded senior practitioners, allowing you to grow, learn and share
- Diversity of projects with different challenges and tech stacks
- Strong maturity in agile delivery
If sounds appealing we’d like to speak with you