Viable Data is an innovative technology, data and UX consultancy, delivering excellence through our projects and providing our people with a supportive culture and opportunities for growth and continuous learning.
We thrive on the challenge of working across different projects, user needs and technologies and our teams and people live this every day. Our people-first approach and culture is central to our growing success as a consultancy.
We are an all-inclusive equal opportunities employer and proudly celebrate diversity. If you thrive on challenge, have a passion to learn and make a difference, and enjoy being part of a growing multidisciplinary team, look no further and start your Viable career, now.
Please note, that due to COVID-19 the role will currently work remotely, until further notice. After this the role will be based, part-time, at our clients' offices in the London area.
As a User Researcher at Viable Data, you will be someone who can adapt quickly and easily to the flexible needs of our Central Government customers. You will join one of our high-performing consulting teams where you will play a pivotal role in designing & delivering exceptional digital products and services that directly contribute to the delivery of UK policy, economic growth and security.
- Planning, designing, and conducting user research including usability testing to understand user needs and behaviours
- Turning user research findings into actionable insights
- Working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary delivery team, including designers and product owners, to define research questions, plan the research approach and prioritise findings
- Presenting research findings and related recommendations to team members and stakeholders
- Managing logistics of research sessions, including planning and scheduling sessions and recruiting participants
- Identifying and raising any blockers to research activities
Mandatory Skills And Experience
- Minimum of 4 years relevant industry experience.
- Proven research skills - experience of various user research methods, understanding of how and when to apply them appropriately throughout the different project lifecycle phases.
- People skills – empathetic, great listener and have a natural curiosity to understand people, their motivations and thought processes.
- Experience and understanding of a range of User Centred Design and Agile delivery practices.
- Clear communication and presentation skills - presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and insights clearly that stakeholders can understand and use. Able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Organisation, time management and collaboration skills – working independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team, being able to influence and build rapport.
- Applying ethical research standards and practices to ensure the safeguarding and wellbeing of participants and researchers
Desirable Skills And Experience
- Familiar with GOV.UK Design System and the GDS approach.
- Relevant certifications, studies, or degrees.
Due to the nature of work, candidates will need to hold a valid SC security clearance, or if not in current possession of SC security clearance must be willing to undergo and capable of achieving SC security clearance (including, but not limited to, you must have lived in the UK for the last 5 consecutive years and have a valid passport, birth certificate or residence permit and a UK National Insurance number).
As well as providing a great place to work that has an amazing culture and the opportunity to work on excellent projects where you will really make a difference, we have a whole host of additional employee benefits. Our benefits package includes:
- 25 days leave
- 5 days dedicated training allowance, with individual budget
- Mentoring system, with 6-month review cycles
- Flexible hours and supportive of (partial) remote working
- 5% pension company contributions
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- Choice of company laptop (MacBook, Linux or Windows)
For a full list of the benefits of working at Viable Data, see our benefits page.