Who we are?
At Tangity, the global studio of the NTT DATA Design Network, we break down complexity to the human scale. We create tangible and intuitive solutions that have a positive impact on companies and society.
As a design studio, our job doesn't stop once a product is launched, it continues until the idea succeeds out in the wild. We accompany businesses on their path of evolution or radical innovation, including testing, measurement, and optimisation, while empowering their way of work. We help them look toward the future and imagine the long-term impact their solutions will have on people, the planet and society.
To do so, we focus on people's needs and desires and leverage all of NTT DATA's technology. NTT DATA, Trusted Global Innovator, is a dedicated IT services and solutions partner for customers worldwide: headquartered in Tokyo and employing more than 100,000 professionals in over 50 countries.
What you'll be doing:
You will plan, design and carry out research activities with the people and customers who use the products and services of our clients. Your research will inform policy, services, products, content and design, among other client requirements.
You will find an opportunity to work in multi-disciplinary, agile teams that include UX designers, product managers, technical architects and engineers, and business analysts.
Your first assignment will be within a UK Government department where your research will provide insights to drive innovation and enhance a user-centered approach to the design and development of new products and services. A security clearance is mandatory for this role and previous experience leading user research in a UK Government department is preferable.
As an User Experience (UX) Researcher, you will:
- Build user-centered practices in teams, emphasising the diversity of users
- Align user research activities with wider plans to inform a product or proposition
- Supervise and develop other user researchers to assure and improve research practice
- Understand the diversity of users of government services and the need to make services (and research activities) usable and accessible for everyone
- Identify research needs and select the most appropriate research methods from ethnographies to surveys
- Design, write and present research plans that outline study objectives and method
- Identify target recruits for studies, working closely with the client and team to obtain the appropriate candidates
- Lead primary research interviews, focus groups or workshops with users, subject matter experts and stakeholders
- Analyse findings from all methods of research, including quantitative data analysis, to generate meaningful insights and actionable recommendations
- Collaborate with the client and team to review learning and complete analysis and synthesis
- Present findings and any resulting recommendations or strategy in a clear, visual manner - drawing on the design expertise of the team - so that anyone can understand and use the information
- Contribute to engagement with different stakeholders on research findings workshops with stakeholders to identify and prioritise their requirements creative solution brainstorming and work sessions with client and team a positive and psychologically safe culture in order to delivery the highest value for a client
What you'll need:
- Recent experience with a UK government role or project applying user-centered and agile practices
- Experience in User Research (UX), ideally in consultancy firms, research agencies, large research teams or organisations where research has been critical in facilitating data-driven business decisions
- Proven ability to design and execute an effective research plan that delivered on the objectives
- Excellent presentation skills, meaning you can deliver actionable insights and make clear recommendations while taking into account the interests and existing knowledge of your audience
- A multi-disciplinary team-oriented personality and the ability to work well with a variety of people who come from different departments, disciplines and backgrounds
As part of the team, you also need…
- Be a great teammate – muck-in, support and ‘have the backs’ of your teammates
- Act with integrity - we value honesty and doing the right thing
- Be smart – we are critical-thinking individuals
- Commit to quality - whether it is a good design or a well-written email, we never cut corners
- Think laterally
- Love to have a good time – we like to laugh, socialise, and have a good relationship with our colleagues.
What can we offer you?
- Multicultural environment
- Opportunity to work on NTT IP-led projects to support your ideas and have a positive impact on society
- Empathy and Flexibility
- Help decide the way we shape the growth of Tangity, through our Culture Club, Growth Club and Ops Club, you’ll play a part in those decisions
Finally, this is a fantastic time to join the company as we continue to grow rapidly.