The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
Spotify is looking for a user researcher to join our Commerce Platform. As a commerce platform team, our mission is to unlock commerce at Spotify through an outstanding platform that enables teams to quickly and safely build businesses and create user value.
As a user researcher, your role is to navigate and lead product innovation in an ambiguous space, building a deep understanding of users' problems and turn user research into insights to inform the development of new products. Together with your teammates you will help drive our ambitious goals, driving the next phase of Spotify meteoric growth!
What You'll Do
- Work closely with a cross-functional, geographically distributed team of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers across New York, London & Stockholm
- Define, plan, and conduct exploratory user research
- Deliver compelling insights to help drive evidence-based product and design decisions.
- Contribute to the wider Insights community at Spotify
Who You Are
- Have proven experience in research roles in consumer-focused companies with significant expertise in either qualitative or quantitative exploratory research, and specifically identifying people's problems and needs to inform the development of new features and products.
- Hold a degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science or a related field, or the equivalent in years of professional experience.
- Comfortable with planning, prioritizing, conducting, analyzing and communicating research in a zero to one space.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and can easily connect with your partners in product, tech, business and design.
- A dedicated advocate of a user-centred approach to product development, while also balancing business needs.
- Experienced in mixed methods preferred.
- Experience with customer engagement or client services preferred.
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here .
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
- We ask that our team members be located within Greenwich Mean time zone, Central European time zone, or Eastern European standard time zone for the purposes of our collaboration hours.