The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
Spotify is looking for a qualitative user researcher to join our insights team in Differentiated Content Experiences. Our mission is to find new user growth through a combination of product innovation and marketing strategy. Our team collaborates closely with internal partners to help more people discover the value of Spotify through engaging, differentiated experiences.
As a qualitative user researcher, your role is to navigate and lead product innovation in an ambiguous space, building a deep understanding of users' problems and turn user research into insights to inform the development of new products. Together with your teammates you will help drive our ambitious goals, driving the next phase of Spotify meteoric growth!
What You'll Do
- Work closely with a cross-functional, geographically distributed team of data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers across New York, London & Stockholm
- Define, plan, and conduct exploratory user research
- Deliver compelling insights to help drive evidence-based product and design decisions.
- Contribute to the wider Insights community at Spotify
- Work from anywhere.
Who You Are
- Have proven (3+ years) experience in research roles in consumer-focused companies with significant expertise in either qualitative exploratory research, and specifically identifying people's problems and needs to inform the development of new features and products.
- Hold a degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science or a related field, or the equivalent in years of professional experience.
- Comfortable with planning, prioritizing, conducting, analyzing and communicating research in a zero to one space.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and can easily connect with your partners in product, tech, business and design.
- A dedicated advocate of a user-centred approach to product development, while also balancing business needs.
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern/NY time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here .