What Are We Looking For?
Seeking a Mid-level UX Researcher for a remote 3-month engagement.
What Will Help You Succeed
The right candidate is curious about people and their behavior. Our next team mate must be comfortable leading and conducting qualitative research and has hand-on experience with different methodologies (usability testing, IDIs, co-creation) depending on the project needs. Exceptional communication and writing skills are at the core of the position, as the principal duties will be:
- Working with clients (including research leads, designers, product managers, etc.) to define research objectives
- Authoring discussion guides
- Moderating research on multiple aspects of products and experiences
- Writing findings reports
- Presenting findings to stakeholders
Personality wise, the ideal candidate is flexible, approachable and can perform under pressure. They employ patience and empathy into their research approach and have strong active listening skills. In many ways this position will feel like a consulting role, so an affable personality is a must.
- Fluent in English
- At BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of relevant product research experience (qualitative), either in an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys
- Strong public speaking skills
- Knowledge of user research recruitment and moderating platforms
Nice to Have:
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Background or previous experience in working retail banking or finance
- Project management experience
- Interest/knowledgeable about design
- Working knowledge of quantitative methodologies