Do you think design has the power to make the world better? Are you excited by the challenge of helping people analyze and draw critical insights from big data?
If so, we here at Splunk would love to hear from you!
We are looking for thinkers and innovators who are willing to challenge the status quo and are energized by developing creative solutions to complex problems.
As a User researcher, you will be the glue between our organizations and bring the voice of our customer to every conversation, enabling them to demonstrate the full power of Splunk.
What You’ll Do
- You will work with researchers, designers and product managers to resolve research objectives
- You will prepare research plans and define metrics and outcomes for optimal results
- Moderate usability studies
- You will identify and prioritize opportunities where research can help inform product direction and improve customer experience
- You will continuously assemble knowledge about customers through various channels such as participating in Sales demos, shadowing customer support team, scoping and scheduling customer interviews
- Be an advocate for and drive user-centered design processes
- Continuously present brutally transparent perspectives about decisions that may affect customers negatively
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years of experience in a UX or UX Researcher role
- Experience with web analytics and/or software instrumentation/ data visualization
- Foundational knowledge of modern software development process, information architecture, design principles and content strategy for both web and mobile
- Experience building designs, prototypes to facilitate/communicate research findings, writing and evangelizing research.
- Strong analytical thinking to summarize organic information into digestible and compelling findings
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.