What you will do
We are Hippo Digital.
We’re a digital service design consultancy who work closely with our clients to create digital products and services that work for everyone.
We are currently looking for a User Researcher with strong public sector / GDS experience to join us on a contract basis.
What you will do:
- Plan, design, prepare and execute a range of user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of client products
- Identify the most appropriate research methods depending on the phase of the service lifecycle, such as quantitative and qualitative research, ethnographic research methods, usability testing and A/B tests
- Provide insights on the user’s behaviour, motivations and end goals that will inform the design decisions made throughout the project’s progress
- Help the team to build empathy for the service users
- Support usability evaluation sessions in different environments or remotely
- Use a range of tools to collect data, and write research reports supported by the evidence, such as video, graphs, tables and pictures
- Effectively present your findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to stakeholders
- Engage with agile, multidisciplinary teams with a user-centred design process
- Learn from insights from user research and metrics to define and improve the service, and explain your decisions clearly
- Run workshops with your team and stakeholders
Skills and experience that you need
You will need:
- Experience of working with managers as required to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material
- Experience of using different methods to achieve insights (both qualitative and quantitative) for example sampling, questionnaire design and analysis, interviews, ethnographic observations, facilitating workshops, focus groups and other types of group discussion, and managing stakeholder engagement sessions
- To understand user centred design principles and practices
- Be able to understand the strategic objectives of the organisation and how the insights will help them
- To be comfortable having your findings challenged by stakeholders and the ability to clearly explain the insights