About the job
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Do you have a passion for the people you lead, excited to jump in and provide leadership and direction? Do you have a track record of identifying opportunities to encourage your people to grow to the next level in their career? Do you inspire those around you?
Do you live and breathe user-centered design? Have you worked with teams to deliver superior, delightful, and responsive user experiences? Do you passionately believe that enterprise user experiences can be as simple, engaging, and innovative as today's top consumer apps? Then join us!
About the role
- Lead a group of UX Designers & Researchers, inspire and mentor them, champion their work, guide them, and bring them to the next level
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative steps to get there
- Recruit top talent and find growth opportunities for the whole team
- Critique design work and provide actionable feedback
- Focus the team on design and encourage various UX problem-solving methodologies
- Enhance the performance and skill set of your designers by promoting mentoring and educational opportunities
- Schedule upcoming projects and balance workload across your team
- Build relationships with other managers and leaders at Workday
- People are your first priority
- Excellent communicator
- Not afraid to have difficult or uncomfortable conversations
- Put focus on your team’s accomplishments
- Passionate about leadership and growing to the next level
The skill set we are looking for
- BA, BS or MS degree preferred in HCI, or related field
- At least 5 years professional experience as a UX design lead with at least 2 years managing UX designers
- Solid understanding of Web and Mobile technologies with an appetite for learning more
- A passion for UX knowledge: you love all things mobile, social, and cutting edge
- Experience shepherding designs throughout an Agile development process
- Experience with wireframing and planning for UX research
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management, engineering, and other design groups to ensure a smooth product development process
- Functional knowledge of Human Resource and Financial Management is a plus
At Workday, we believe every potential recruit brings value to the table. Believe you are missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and are happy to teach. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, apply and see what we are all about.