Our client is one of the largest retailers in the world. Yet their IT department is nimble and dynamic and works with cutting edge technologies.
They are currently in need of a UX Design Researcher in their Pleasanton, CA facility.
As a Design Researcher of the Product Design team, you will provide breakthrough insights based on the analysis and synthesis of user needs, corporate strategies, enterprise capabilities, and market opportunities. You will champion the user, delivering clear point-of-views, telling compelling stories, and identifying clear use cases that inform design and strategy.
User Experience Research
- Provides subject matter expertise in qualitative and quantitative research approaches, methods, and tools
- Works with project teams to identify and lead research needs, design learning plans, research materials, and tests
- Leads the creation of customer research plans, screeners, discussion guides, and test plans
- Provides analysis of research related data with actionable recommendations
- Designs and develops research tools and activities according to the unique program/product needs
- Synthesizes research into insights, opportunities, and frameworks
- Participates in the development of prototypes and leads the testing
- Coordinates with internal and external research resources where appropriate to maximize existing work and expertise
- Evangelizes research methodologies and approaches across project teams to empower every team member to increase their awareness of user needs
Transformational Design and Research
- Uses a variety of innovative approaches, e.g. design thinking, lean development, to design, develop, prototype, and test innovative products, services, experiences, and/or solutions
- Builds insights and frameworks into a cohesive story to drive change
- Creates presentations and meeting materials, utilizing various forms of media - 2D, 3D, and videos
- Partners in the strategy development – connecting new concepts to the current business
- Collaborates with the product team to reframe the original problem
- Enthusiastically encourages the work of the team even when pivoting as needed – accepting of failure while ensuring that the impact of learnings are well institutionalized
- 4-6 years of diverse ethnography and user research
- Demonstrated fluency in consumer research techniques including ethnography and other primary user research approaches
- Demonstrated experience translating user research into actionable insights
- In-depth knowledge of human-centered innovation approaches, e.g. design thinking
- Conducting quantitative on-line research methodologies with systems, Researching front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS)
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset; ability to explore opportunities in a structured yet iterative way; experience with lean startup, agile, product model or similar development approaches preferred
- Design experience: the ability to visualize concepts, create mock-ups/prototypes; experience with design software, e.g. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to interact, negotiate, and influence without authority at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to think strategically about customer needs, market dynamics, and business impact
- 12+ months contract to hire
- Pleasanton, CA
- Local candidates preferred
Since 2002 Maxonic has been at the forefront of connecting candidate strengths to client challenges. Our award-winning, dedicated team of recruiting professionals are specialized by technology, are great listeners, and will seek to find a position that meets the long-term career needs of our candidates. We take pride in the over 5,000 candidates that we have placed, and the repeat business that we earn from our satisfied clients.
Interested in Applying?
We can’t wait to see your resume. Please apply below with your most current resume or email Anjali Srivastava (email@example.com) or call 408-400-2291.