As a Barclays UX Design Researcher you will lead the design and execution of end-to-end customer research projects across the business, uncovering a deep understanding of customers to inform design decisions and encourage insight-led product and service development. Barclays Insight & Experience Design have a range of specialisms including strategic design, user experience design, UI & visual design, UX research and UX copywriting.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Leading the design and execution of end-to-end customer research projects across the business, uncovering a deep understanding of customers
- Organising and facilitating pre-research sessions with clients and design teams evidencing good stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- Creating research study plans and discussion guides working collaboratively with stakeholders and designers to establish a well-designed research structure
- Defining key behavioural attributes for research recruitment criteria and translating this into a screener questionnaire to recruit the right participants for research
- Managing recruitment of participants via external third party approved suppliers, managing quality control of participants in accordance with the defined budget
- Planning locations, travel, accommodation, use of audio/video lab equipment and stakeholder management for the purpose of customer research
- Handling data preparation and classification, ensuring NDA’s, consent forms and customer videos are securely managed in accordance with GDPR and bank policy
- Facilitating quantitative/qualitative research/using strategic/ tactical methodologies/moderated/unmoderated approaches/remote/in-person techniques
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in leading/facilitating quantitative and qualitative research projects end-to-end, including a wide range of strategic and tactical research methodologies
- Experience in collaborative working and in building relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and external third parties, gaining their trust and buy in
- Experience of working closely with UX, visual designers and developers, to drive effective user research
- A degree or professional qualification in a related field such as Psychology, Social Research, Human Factors or Design; or equivalent professional experience
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Confident, persuasive and concise writing skills
- Previous agency experience
- Experience in financial sector
- Good working knowledge of AGILE delivery methods and software (e.g. Rally/AGILE Central, Jira, Confluence)
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. This state-of-the art energy efficient building holds up to 2,500 staff. The office location is perfect for travel from the midlands and London alike as we are based just off the A45, it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.