Active Theory is looking for a UX Designer/Researcher to join our Dreamwave virtual events team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Dreamwave team to research and deliver user and market insight that will help improve the quality and effectiveness of our digital events.
Please note that this is a remote position as our company is working from home for the foreseeable future.
Dreamwave is a web-based platform that helps brands, businesses and artists host scalable virtual events. Dreamwave events have so far included virtual music festivals such as Secret Sky, Hulu Pride Fest, and INBOUND2020, with more exciting events in the pipeline.
About Active Theory
Active Theory is an award-winning studio with offices in Los Angeles and Amsterdam. We make some of the best creative digital experiences for clients all around the world, and we’re growing. We’re looking for people who are passionate about delivering high quality interactive projects for the web, at installations, and in mixed reality.
- Lead the UX charge for the Dreamwave product, ensuring the continuous improvement of the product by helping the team iterate features, functionality and design
- Collaborate closely with the Dreamwave team to understand the product and the needs of both our clients and end users.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to deliver meaningful insights to product and project teams
- Define the UX approach on a per project basis, recommending what activities and deliverables are best suited to client needs
- Advocate for and enforce best-practice UX
- Educate team members and clients on the benefits of proper UX
- Organize and conduct user testing
- Collaborate with designers and developers to actualize concepts
- At least 5+ years of user experience design / user experience research
- Comprehensive understanding of UX/Design Research methods
- Happy to own all facets of the UX discipline for Dreamwave including wireframing, prototyping and user-testing
- Working closely with the design team to ensure wireframes are handed off into UI design seamlessly, and that interactions are well defined and understood.
- Able to conduct user research to uncover insights to inform product and/or project decisions
- Confident working in both product and project teams to deliver good UX
- Strong presentation skills, able to present ideas and work to clients in both a pitch and project setting
- Able to communicate concepts clearly and simply
- Proven success in delivering beautiful and interactive online experiences
- Comfortable working in a small product team
- Familiarity Figma, Sketch and other design tools for wireframing and prototyping
- Experience in digital events
- Experience working with a distributed team in a remote environment
- Working from a North American time zone