About the job
The primary mission is to build a platform that enables continuous all-way communications between customers and internal stakeholders to share impactful research and feedback that can be leveraged for successful UX outcomes.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Capture the voice of the customer: Understand customer needs. Be a thought leader on research methodologies used to gather user insights at various stages of the product design process
- Inform our digital strategy: Partner closely with product managers to influence the product strategy and roadmaps with validated user research findings
- Build processes: Participate in decisions on the right processes, methods, and tools for creative problem solving. Help standardize our research protocol and contribute to a repository of user research
- Summarize and report key insights: Plan, lead, facilitate, analyze, and report on various research initiatives
- Collaborate and integrate: Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team, effectively integrating your research into the product definition and design phases in agile way.
- Design and execute research that supports the objectives of the products, and that represents the needs of the end-users
- Communicate research findings through artifacts such as storyboards, personas, journeys, task analyses, as needed at all levels of the product design process. Inform the design of our unified design system by surfacing shared user insights and patterns gathered from research
- Collect user behaviors, establish personas, and understand various needs of users. Establish business requirements for key users and processes in the customer journey.
- Test with customers: Validate design decisions through a continuous discovery process that utilizes participatory design, early concept testing, formative and summative usability testing
- Advocate research findings to various audiences through written reports and presentations at various levels of the organization
To assess fit, here is a partial list of critical required/preferred competencies & behaviors that we will probe into with potential candidates:
- 3+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in successfully driving strategic and tactical research
- Degree in the field of HCI, Human Factors, Usability Engineering, or a related field or equivalent relevant experience
- Ability to think innovatively and develop creative solutions to research challenges
- Experienced in planning and facilitating workshops
- Excellent written and oral communication skills creatively use storytelling to share research findings clearly and persuasively across varying leadership levels
- Successful at conducting product research that ultimately leads to breakthrough product design results
- Experience planning, developing and executing user research and usability testing using a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Proficiency with Sketch, Axure, other research tools are required like Optimal Workshop