Facebook’s Research Associate Program (RAP) is a developmental, full-time role that aims to give people early in their research career the skills and competencies needed to become a successful User Experience (UX) Researcher at Facebook. Individuals with experiences in non-technical roles are highly encouraged to apply; hiring individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds allows Facebook to build better products for our global users.
As a Research Associate, you will engage in all aspects of the research process under the guidance of an experienced researcher. In your first month you will actively participate in training that will upskill you in areas that are crucial for UX Researchers; then you will complete a six-month assignment with a product team. Your Research Associate cohort will meet monthly to participate in seminars and work on side projects that will add to your experience, as well as receive guidance and career development from researchers who oversee the program. At the conclusion of the seven-month program you will be able to conduct research independently and you will transition into a full-time UX Researcher role.
UX Research Associate Program (RAP) Responsibilities
- Partner with UX Researchers to conduct user research on multiple Facebook products and experiences
- Partner with UX Researchers to design, collect, and analyze user behavior data through a variety of channels such as usability testing, interviews, observations, surveys, A/B testing, and log analysis
- Work cross-functionally with Design, Product Management, Data Science, Engineering and other teammates to incorporate user-centered research at all stages of the product cycle
- Communicate results and illustrate recommendations to product teams through clear presentations
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a BS/BA degree
- Experience building connections with team members through effective communication and collaboration and in delivering results in a goal-oriented environment
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of qualitative and/or quantitative research methods including testing hypotheses
- Demonstrated knowledge in, and application of, user experience (UX) research
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- 2 or more years of professional work experience in any field
- Demonstrated business acumen and strategic problem solving skills