The UX Research Lead will coach and lead a team of UX Researchers that provide ongoing insights, provocations and thought leadership on the end-to-end customer journey and back-office processes and workflows.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Manage a team of UX Researchers including hiring, development, coaching, performance reviews and corrective actions as needed.
- Develop the vision and drive the action plan for how the UX Research function will scale to deliver top-tier results.
- Provide ongoing thought leadership and support to colleagues that want to conduct evaluative and generative research.
- Design, manage and lead user research to uncover new insights and opportunities, understand current needs and wants, and test potential design solutions before bringing them to market.
- Identify insights by analysis of quantitative and qualitative data from user research, consumer research and competitor data.
- Translate insights into actionable recommendations across digital and physical products, services and spaces, providing a continuous pipeline of data to improve the consumer and commercial customer experience.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, designers, product managers and developers on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new concepts.
- Create communication tools, such as journey maps, service blueprints utilizing the appropriate tool for the task.
- Tactical experience in user research and human-centered design.
- Experience designing and conducting qualitative and/or quantitative research.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within multi-disciplinary and cross-departmental teams.
- Strong written, visual, and verbal communication skills and ability to present ideas confidently.
- Interest and passion for people and cultures.
- Bachelors' degree in HCI, Anthropology, Psychology or a related field and a minimum of 8 years of experience in a design research or UX research role or a Masters' degree and minimum of 6 years of experience in a design research or UX research role.
- Experience with prototyping and using tools such as InVision and Sketch is preferred.