REMOTE ROLE: The UX Research Lead will play a pivotal role in continuing to build the UX Research function in Blue Prism; providing real customer insight to our Product teams, directly influencing design & development decisions. As the lead researcher, not only will you lead the research team but you'll also be promoting awareness and understanding outside of the team, as well as continuously looking to adopt & drive best practice methodology adapted to a commercial environment.
Blue Prism is the global leader in intelligent automation for the enterprise, transforming the way work is done. At Blue Prism, we have users in over 150 countries in more than 1,800 businesses, including Fortune 500 and public sector organizations, that are creating value with new ways of working, unlocking efficiencies, and returning millions of hours of work back into their businesses. Our Digital Workforce is smart, secure, scalable and accessible to all; freeing up humans to re-imagine work.
To understand more about Blue Prism's intelligent automation click here. You can also visit http://www.blueprism.com/ and follow us on Twitter @blue_prism, LinkedIn and Instagram @blueprismofficial. Or have a look at our YouTube page for further insights about Blue Prism.
- Play a key role in educating and promoting the value of the Research function within Blue Prism
- Line manage and mentor mid & junior researchers
- Driving standard methodology in research approaches and methods as well as related BP business processes
- Offer mentorship & support of research execution, in line with best practice & BP standards
- Training and professional development support
- Support manager on alignment and planning and be a main point of contact
- Focus on accessibility by finding opportunities to improve & carrying out generative research
- Upwards reporting & downwards transparency
- Identification of generative research opportunities outside of planned delivery
- Creating/ assisting with creation of research briefs, then working with assigned researcher to ensure understanding
- Early involvement in new work to identify most suitable approach & opportunities to contribute
- Involvement in the recruitment process as required
Contribution as a hands-on researcher -
- Plan, lead and document research activities taking care to select appropriate methods and tools
- Conduct primary research activities with external users to understand user needs, difficulties and positive experiences
- Collaborate with internal users to gather feedback on designs and potential improvements
- Conduct secondary research to support and influence design decisions
- Collate, analyse and interpret limited and sophisticated data sets, both quantitative and qualitative
- Conduct workshops with internal Product team members to align on business needs, requirements, commercial goals and the roadmap
- Produce and distribute well-documented research findings (appropriate for audience) with meaningful and useful insights. Present and deliver research findings to internal audiences as needed
- Collaborate with Designers to validate or influence design decisions based on research findings
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Owners to influence product decisions based on prioritised research finding
- Work alongside relevant product focused sprint teams in order to continuously feed insights and suggestions for future planning
Specific capabilities required -
- Proven experience of conducting a wide range of research methods and tactics.
- Experience working with UX designers, developers, product owners and stakeholders.
- Accomplished at constructing interviews and surveys, targeted at various personas
- Accomplished at presenting findings, insight and practical recommendations to client teams.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with a variety of users & stakeholders, internally and externally
- Critical thinking and analysis.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Reasoning, problem solving and conceptualisation.
- Credibility with client side senior stakeholders.
- Ability to encourage challenge and respond constructively.
- Experience working in a technical environment; ideally software
- Evidence of understanding organisational strategy and objectives and aligning user research activities with objectives.
- Evidence of user-centred and agile practices, how to embed them into an agile workflow to deliver timely findings.
- User research-related degree or a related behavioural or social science degree, or equivalent industry experience.
Desirable criteria -
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- Experience of working in a large organisation.
- Crafting prototypes from research data.
- Working with limited data (we don't get usage reports).
- Dealing with numerous and challenging customer requirements.
- Experience working in desktop, web and mobile applications.
A good understanding of the following tools:
- Office 365
- Atlassian suite (specifically Confluence & Jira)
Our ideal candidate -
- Someone who is customer focused and inclusive.
- A continuously innovative and open-minded problem solver.
- A great teammate who can work in a diverse, world class team.
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Private medical scheme
- Employee share scheme
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
Blue Prism is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Blue Prism is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Blue Prism via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Blue Prism. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Blue Prism as a result of the referral or through other means.