User Research International is a leading innovator in providing usability recruiting and research services for a diverse set of clients including some of the top companies in the Puget Sound region. Our team is passionate about enabling our clients to make their products and services more usable and accessible for their customers.
We are looking for an experienced UX Research Manager and team leader to help support and grow our research team. Are you a proven manager who has a passion for developing people? Are you a compassionate, positive, energetic leader? Are you passionate about the world of UX? Have you had success driving growth with your effective people and project management skills? Would you like to work in a growing company? If so, you are the person that we’d like to talk to about this position.
In this role, we are looking for an experienced researcher and people manager who has a passion for leading and growing people in the UX field. We are looking for someone who is positive, energetic, and leads by example. A high level of motivation and excellent communication skills are required to manage a diverse set of projects, individual contributors, and clients. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are also important in this fast-paced environment.
- Manage team of researchers
- Plan, design, and help conduct qualitative and quantitative user research studies
- Work with the team and other stakeholders to analyze findings and deliver innovative, actionable insights
- Passion for understanding the day-to-day operations of the business inside and out
- Oversee business and team processes and day-to-day operations
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and phases of research simultaneous
- Improve and standardize the user-centered design methodologies and processes
- Uphold and maintain a high standard and consistency for our products and experience
- Understand trends and best practices in the UX industry
- Help the business grow strategically year-over-year
- Manage organizational change with a positive attitude
- Operate with a high degree of autonomy in a direct support relationship to primary customers and meet all requirements with minimal oversight
- Resolve escalated or difficult issues in a thoughtful, patient, logical manner
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Interaction Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Science, or related field
- 7+ years related work experience and proven knowledge and experience with a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- 3+ years experience managing a Research Team
- Strong understanding of UX design principles and design thinking process (human centered design)
- Experience and passion for leading teams and growing employees
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Salary: DOE