We are looking for a talented UX Research Manager to drive our mission forward, shaping our user experience and product strategy to best serve our customers.
We’re on a mission to give the whole world access to incredible experiences. What do people value the most from their trip to a new destination? It’s probably not the flight they took, nor the hotel they stayed in. People value experiences––visiting the Colosseum Underground, seeing the Vatican Museums, or taking a delicious street food tour of Rome. These experiences help people connect with their destination’s history and culture, creating memories that last a lifetime.
You will have a significant impact on our business as you lead the UX Research discipline at GetYourGuide, managing and growing your own team.
- Work closely with product, design, and business partners to identify and prioritize research opportunities, on a company level, based on need and impact.
- Until you hire another researcher, you will lead the research strategy for a particular Product group. After that, you will perform research as needed, applying a creative mix of qualitative and quantitative methodologies to facilitate a deep understanding for our customers.
- Manage a team of UX Researchers, each leading research efforts for different product areas.
- Mentor and coach your team in their expertise and professional development.
- Own the growth of your team, currently one researcher, through headcount planning and recruitment.
- Develop and maintain guidelines, best practices, standards, and systems for driving user-centered decisions, getting things done, and improving research quality.
- Foster strong relationships with PM, Data Analytics, Market Research, Product Design, Content Design, and other partners to advocate for users and deliver exceptional products.
- Together with UX leaders, set the vision and strategy for the UX group that aligns UX Design, Research, and Writing.
- Plan the budget as well as coordinate tools and operations for the team.
- 5+ years of user research experience on digital products
- 1+ years experience managing, hiring, and developing a team of researchers
- B.A/B.S or M.A./M.S. in HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, Anthropology or similar.
- Experience working with product teams and/or designers to drive insights into product solutions.
- Experience with all aspects of research, including study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, and reporting.
- Knowledge of mixed methods with an emphasis on qualitative (lab-based and remote usability testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, interviews, and field research) and quantitative research (surveys, analytics, event tracking).
- Able to work independently and adapt research practices to meet the needs of a start-up environment (lean & results-driven). Experience partnering with data analysts/data scientists on research projects is a plus.
- You communicate fluently in English and one other European language is a plus. International research experience is a also a plus.
- You have examples demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g. study plans, metrics, reports).
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 70 nationalities
- Virtual stock options - be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget - be constantly learning
- GetYourGuide gift cards
- Relocation Assistance and Visa sponsorship